Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix won't start - Roku Streaming Stick 3800

Hey folks. I'm sure this has been beat to death, but searching "Netflix" and "Won't start" turns up a gazillion posts.

I just bought my first Roku product and so far so good, except for Netflix. I get "Netflix has encountered an error" Code: NW-6-406". The details say "Couldn't connect to Netflix. Please restart your home network....... code nw-4-8".

I have a dual band Ubiquiti Unifi access point that's physically about 17' from the Roku stick. I've put the Roku on both the 2.4 and 5 ghz bands with no success. For what its worth the Netflix app on the Sony Bravia the Roku is on, works fine. I'm 99.9% sure its not my network.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
71 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Netflix won't start - Roku Streaming Stick 3800

Have you already checked this page: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/61979
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos

Yeah I looked at the Netflix troubleshooting steps. It’s not my network. I can stream Netflix on countless other devices in the house.
0 Kudos

So I can conclusively rule out my home Ubiquiti Unifi based wifi as a problem. I brought the Roku to work and connected to our Cisco Meraki MR33 based network and am experiencing the exact same issue.

Netflix has encountered an error. NW-6-406 Retrying in XX seconds.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Have you removed Netflix, rebooted the Roku, then re-added Netflix?
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
jprice1986
Level 7

I have the same problem. Deleted it, restarted, readded did not work. Netflix works on an older Roku 2, Firestick and smart TV on the same network. Just bought this today, so unsure what is wrong.
0 Kudos

I gave up and returned it. Netflix not loading wasn’t the only reason. The stupid remote would stop responding or would be super laggy.

This product just doesn’t seem ready for prime time. I’m going to try the Firestick now.
0 Kudos
Lgb0250
Level 7

Strange. I have two of the 3800X and haven’t had this problem at all. Whenever I’ve had a problem a reboot of the stick has usually resolved it.
0 Kudos
kboisclair
Level 7

I'm having the same problem. Roku told me it was a Netflix problem, Netflix told me it was an internet service provider problem (Xfinity). there are no internet problems, everything else works fine. Thinking it needs to be returned.
0 Kudos
objectuser
Level 7

Same problem here. 3800R, just purchased. It's up to date with 8.0.1.

I can use Youtube TV and Amazon Prime Video on the same player. So it's connected to the network fine. I can use Netflix on my iPad and PS4 on the same network. It appears that only Netflix on Roku is broken.

I went through removing, rebooting and adding Netflix and have the same error. I even did a factory reset of the Roku.

I gave it a few days after I first experienced the problem hoping it was temporary, but I still have the same issue.
0 Kudos