Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Netflix won't install

I just set up a new tv (TCL Roku TV), and installed a bunch of new channels through the Roku set up process, including Netflix. However, Netflix has never installed. I have turned the TV off and back on, unplugged and plugged it back in, updated the system several times, attempted to install Netflix again, and again, and again, day after day. Two things keep happening:

1) When I attempt to install Netflix, it counts up the progress percent all the way to 100%, and then tells me that Netflix could not install, and that the channel was not added.

2) When I update the TV system, it shows that it is installing Netflix, and then says that all software is up to date, but the Netflix channel never appears on the home screen.

Help?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 19

Re: Netflix won't install

Forgive me if this is is too basic, but just to be sure ..

Re your #2: You know to look at the bottom of the channel grid for newly-installed channels, right?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Level 7

Lol, yes, I'm aware. It isn't showing up anywhere on the home page. I've cycled through top-to-bottom.

0 Kudos
Level 19

Sorry, I've never experienced anything like this, so I haven't a clue on what to suggest.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos