Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcarter3
Channel Surfer

Netflix won't install

I just set up a new tv (TCL Roku TV), and installed a bunch of new channels through the Roku set up process, including Netflix. However, Netflix has never installed. I have turned the TV off and back on, unplugged and plugged it back in, updated the system several times, attempted to install Netflix again, and again, and again, day after day. Two things keep happening:

1) When I attempt to install Netflix, it counts up the progress percent all the way to 100%, and then tells me that Netflix could not install, and that the channel was not added.

2) When I update the TV system, it shows that it is installing Netflix, and then says that all software is up to date, but the Netflix channel never appears on the home screen.

Help?

0 Kudos
47 REPLIES 47
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Netflix won't install

Forgive me if this is is too basic, but just to be sure ..

Re your #2: You know to look at the bottom of the channel grid for newly-installed channels, right?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
jcarter3
Channel Surfer

Lol, yes, I'm aware. It isn't showing up anywhere on the home page. I've cycled through top-to-bottom.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Sorry, I've never experienced anything like this, so I haven't a clue on what to suggest.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Poterico2
Streaming Star

Wow, this is a tough one. 

Perhaps Roku customer support could help you. Please see the link below. Good luck!

https://support.roku.com/en-ca/contactus

0 Kudos
davidjazz
Roku Guru

Are you in the United States?

Not all channels are supported in all countries on Roku devices (even if they are available on other devices).

0 Kudos
Franzen106

We are currently having the exact same issues. Every streaming service will download except Netflix. Did you find out how to resolve this?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Have you tried removing any unused channels, restarting your Roku TV, then trying to add the Netflix channel to see if the issue is resolved?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Poterico2
Streaming Star

@davidjazz Yes I am from Canada. We have Netflix on our devices, too.

0 Kudos
jcarter3
Channel Surfer

I have removed Disney+, the Roku channel, PBS, BYUtv, YouTube, and a couple of others, leaving ONLY

—one HDMI input

—live TV

—HBOmax

—Hulu

—Prime Video

—Vudu

I tried pushing the Netflix button on my remote, and it said there wasn't enough memory to start Netflix. Since this is the same error message I got when I tried to start YouTube once, I deduced that it thought Netflix was already installed (even though it didn't show up on the home screen). So, I went to Netflix on Add Channels and sure enough it said "Go to Channel" and "Remove Channel," which made me think that the Roku had installed it. Select "Go to channel" and it gives me the same "not enough space" error. Back to the home screen and no Netflix. So, I tried removing Netflix and adding it back again. It gave me the same error as I got when I tried to add it in the first place: "Adding Netflix 100%. Could not add Netflix" which, of course, makes no sense.

I restarted my system. No change.

I checked for updates. NEW PROBLEM: Now the system says it needs to update from version 9.4.0.4200 to version 9.4.0.4206. It asks if I want to update now or later. I choose "Update Now" and nothing happens. Like, the window with the update info goes away and I'm still looking at the system update screen, and nothing is happening. No progress screen, no indication that it's doing ANYTHING. It's like I just chose "Update later" or something.

I try to update again. Nothing. Again. Nothing. I restart again. Same problems all around.

I have re-installed BYUtv. I have re-installed Disney+. But I still cannot install Netflix (like always), and now I can't update my Roku TV on top of it all.

This just keeps getting better.

0 Kudos