Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cosmoxl
Level 7

Netflix update?

It seems that sometime this evening the netflix channel updated automatically on my roku 4.  I do check for updates just about every day manually.

Anyway, I don't care for the UI changes.

I'm looking for a changelog but can't find one.  Does anybody know where I can find it?
0 Kudos
89 Replies
andyross
Level 11

Re: Netflix update?

What changes were made?
0 Kudos
cosmoxl
Level 7

"andyross" wrote:
What changes were made?

while playing pressing the down arrow no longer takes you to audio and subtitles selection.  now when you press a button a menu appears top left.
also no longer does pressing the * button show the current info like resolution, audio, subtitles, top right.
But, I think the actual picture quality is better.
0 Kudos
reddice
Level 7

Screenshots would be nice.
Charter Spectrum.
My Router: Netgear R7000 - Advanced Tomato 3.4-140 K26ARM USB VPN-64K.
My Primary Streaming Devices: Fire TV Box (2nd Gen), Roku Premiere.
Cats are the best pets.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

I just checked my Stick, and it doesn't do what you are describing, The * still enables the resolution display, and the down button enables the subtitles and audio menu. When I check the software version under the Settings/Get Help menu, it shows Netflix version 2015.1.1, and software version 247.20E04139A_4.2.132. Not sure if they differ between Roku devices, but the stick has the quad core processor same as the 4. 

I'll check my 4 later this evening.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
ghb51
Level 8

"cosmoxl" wrote:
"andyross" wrote:
What changes were made?

while playing pressing the down arrow no longer takes you to audio and subtitles selection.  now when you press a button a menu appears top right.
also no longer does pressing the * button show the current info like resolution, audio, subtitles, top right.
But, I think the actual picture quality is better.

Mine changed to that about a month ago or so on my Roku 3, stayed that way for about a week and then reverted back to the old design for whatever reason.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

I checked my 4 last night and it also does not display this. Sounds like they pulled the update back.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
andyross
Level 11

I did double-check on my Roku 4, and there seemed to be no change. Mine shows version 4.2, build 132. (to show version, highlight on main screen, then hit * key.)
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Andy, same version that I have. 
Dan
0 Kudos
cosmoxl
Level 7

really weird then.  I also have 4.2 build 132 yet the user interface is certainly different from what it used to be.  I didn't change anything to cause it.
0 Kudos