Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angelv

Netflix shows black screen while watching content

When I launch Netflix on my roku device it appears normal but when I preview or try to watch a show/movie the screen is black but audio and subs work, when u rewind or fast forward I can see the images, can anyone help me with this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Netflix black screen

Hey @Angelv

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Does the issue only occur on Netlfix or across other channels installed on your Roku device? If it's just Netflix, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: If it is inconvenient to reach the power cord to unplug your Roku device, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Keep us updated on how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Netflix black screen o have the exact same problem just bought a roku 4kt for older tv with hdmi

I have the exact same problem how do I fix it

0 Kudos
Stompkins

Re: Netflix black screen o have the exact same problem just bought a roku 4kt for older tv with hdmi

Anyone fix this?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Stompkins

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos