Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaBronx
Level 7

Netflix raises prices for all U.S. subscribers - Netflix raising prices for 58M US subscribers as costs rise

Thought this would be of interest to my fellow Rokuvians who subscribe to Netflix as I do. Didn't see it posted on the board yet. If it has I apologize for the double post. --brett

Netflix raising prices for 58M US subscribers as costs rise

By MICHAEL LIEDTKE

January 15, 2019

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Netflix is raising its U.S. prices by 13 percent to 18 percent, its biggest increase since the company launched its streaming service 12 years ago.

Its most popular plan will see the largest hike, to $13 per month from $11. That option offers high-definition streaming on up to two different internet-connected devices simultaneously. Even at the higher price ..................

Read the full article @ https://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-netflix-prices-20190115-story.html
55" Insignia-Roku 4K TV, 40" Hisense Roku TV, Roku2 XS #13A164000326, R3 #1GJ36A038993, R4 wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 300 mb TWC broadband (Subscriber- 2019 MLB.TV Premium, 2018-19 NHL.TV, Hulu+, Netflix, Amazon Prime)
0 Kudos
21 Replies
mikebdoss
Level 9

Re: Netflix raises prices for all U.S. subscribers - Netflix raising prices for 58M US subscribers as costs rise

I think a LOT of people will moan and complain about this and threaten to quit, all for $2/month. In the end, they won't quit, because something-something-I-have-to-watch-specific-show-or-my-kids-will-complain. 

It's still a good service, and provides a lot of content for the price.
0 Kudos
mikebdoss
Level 9

Re: Netflix raises prices for all U.S. subscribers - Netflix raising prices for 58M US subscribers as costs rise

I think a LOT of people will moan and complain about this and threaten to quit, all for $2/month. In the end, they won't quit, because something-something-I-have-to-watch-specific-show-or-my-kids-will-complain. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"mikebdoss" wrote:

You can say that again! * *
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
DaBronx
Level 7

I like those that have responded above will moan and groan for a few days but then accept it as just a $2.00 monthly increase even on the premiere 4 screen plan with UHD (4K) I have that will go from $13.99 to $15.99/month. Still a good value for the price IMO considering how much content I do watch on Netflix and I find many of their original programming to be fantastic.

As usual, everything goes up except my paycheck. <haha>

--brett
55" Insignia-Roku 4K TV, 40" Hisense Roku TV, Roku2 XS #13A164000326, R3 #1GJ36A038993, R4 wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 300 mb TWC broadband (Subscriber- 2019 MLB.TV Premium, 2018-19 NHL.TV, Hulu+, Netflix, Amazon Prime)
0 Kudos
mikebdoss
Level 9

"DBDukes" wrote:
You can say that again! *[/url:76su2aff] *[/url:76su2aff]

That's so strange. I don't think I clicked twice.
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 11

At $16 I'll think more about swapping it out with something.  I'm not going to complain about $2, but it puts it in that realm of services I don't always need.
0 Kudos
Miami_Son
Level 8

I've already been paying $11.95 for over a year. I originally started my streaming plan when it was $7.99 a month. If it goes up again I will reconsider as we barely watch anything on Netflix anymore.
0 Kudos
DougHill
Level 7

$2 would bother for many who watches regularly.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Emissary35
Level 9

All you guys saying it's no big deal it's only a 2 dollar increase, people will moan and accept it. Well the prices just went up not too long ago a couple bucks, now it's a couple bucks again. A year or more from now it will be another 2 dollars, then another 2 dollars. Soon it will be 22 bucks or more for the highest plan. Considering the fact that Netflix's library has lost so much content from studios and is pretty much only interested in adding foreign movies and their originals which are not that great I don't see Netflix worth paying for any longer. Soon everyone will be paying for multiple streaming services at 15 dollars a month or more and it's going to start getting just as expensive as paying for cable. Pretty smart really, get everyone to 'cut the cord' and once they are transitioned over and dependent on streaming keep hiking up the price. But if anyone thinks this 2 dollar increase is where it ends you are crazy, it will keep happening every year or two.
0 Kudos