Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sj20924
Level 8

Netflix "autoplay previews" setting broken in latest update

Jump to solution

The Netflix channel "Autoplay previews while browsing on all devices" setting no longer works. I just noticed this recently, and I assume it's related to the last update of the Netflix channel (v5.1, build 98096051) on 10/20/20.  Even when that setting is turned off (unchecked), the previews still autoplay. Removing and re-adding the channel doesn't help. Neither does logging out and back into my Netflix account, or restarting the Roku itself.

I tried reporting this bug to Netflix directly through their help chat, but the chat rep was next to useless. They didn't even understand what that setting was, much less how to report a bug. They gave me an email address that I could supposedly send a bug report to, but that email address bounced...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Netflix "autoplay previews" setting broken in latest update

Jump to solution

@sj20924 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Netflix support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Netflix support here: https://help.netflix.com/en/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@sj20924 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Netflix support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Netflix support here: https://help.netflix.com/en/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
sj20924
Level 8

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

As noted in my original post, contacting Netflix directly was a complete dead end.  Their chat rep had zero understanding of what I was talking about and gave me an email address that bounced.

I posted here with the hope that someone with some knowledge at Netflix would see it and fix the functionality that they broke.  Either that, or a Roku employee could somehow forward the bug to Netflix through internal channels.  I've found Netflix's customer-facing support to be useless for this.

0 Kudos
sj20924
Level 8

Jump to solution

It's very strange that a post is marked as the solution, when I definitely didn't mark it as such, since that post is not the solution. Does that mean that mods can mark any post they want as a solution, even if they are not the original poster?

0 Kudos