Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smprather
Level 7

Netflix "Continue Watching" category, always-on-top

Hi forumers--

97% of the time I start the Netflix app on Roku, I want to continue watching where I left off. However, it seems like the Continue Watching category "wanders" randomly. I can't put my finger on a pattern. Is there any way to force it to always be at the top of the category list. If not, can the Netflix employee that watches this forum (there had better be someone assigned this job) relay this "enhancement" request? My fear is that it's done on purpose in order to get new, and/or preferred for some reason, content in front of customer's eyes. If that's true, please don't be annoying. I pay for Netflix. Let me watch what I want as easily as possible.

Thanks!
--Myles
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Netflix "Continue Watching" category, always-on-top

I doubt Netflix monitors this or any other forum, but who knows? But yes, that behavior is controlled by Netflix so they obviously want it that way. Amazon has similar issues with their UHD content being so difficult to find, and they just don't seem to care enough to do anything about it. 
Netflix has no forum of their own, and they also do not have an email support address. All you can do is call them and make the request verbally. But I've never seen them respond to user desires before. Many people despise the auto-play of the video when you are viewing the details page, but they persist with it. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos