Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix problem on Roku Ultra

Have the Roku Ultra (4660x). While in the Netflix menu trying to select something to watch, it CONSTANTLY sends a switch resolution signal to my tv. I have Auto Adjust Display Refresh Rate on, and I imagine that's why it's doing it? If so, anyway around this without deactivating Auto Adjust Display Refresh (One of the main reasons I purchased the Roku)? If that's NOT the reason, any idea what might be causing it?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Netflix problem on Roku Ultra

To my understanding, with Netflix they send some of their preview videos at one framerate, the UI is another, and then the actual video might even be another framerate. So it causes what you have observed. Does it stop once you've actually selected and begin watching the main video? It should be fine then. But Netflix needs to alter their channel to stop using multiple framerates wtihin the UI.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos

Once I move the cursor to the "Preview" it does it's resolution change thing (Sometimes even 2 or 3 times), and then does eventually settle as long as I leave it on that preview box. As soon as I move the cursor, it does it again
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Yep, that's the auto framerate adjustment. Many people have commented about how poorly it works with Netflix, until you get into the actual video. No idea if anything is being done to address it. It's a Netflix issue, and they don't seem to be keen on listening to their users about the auto-play video previews.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Level 9

Go to Netflix chat and complain about this, not sure it will do any good though. You'll just get the standard reply how they'll send in your comments but nothing will get fixed, that is how they operate.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I did contact them both via Netflix chat and Twitter. Doubtful, but hopeful they issue a fix to the app. I see no reason why the entire Netflix interface itself (Including previews) couldn't be set to the current resolution and framerate, and then have it auto set/correct once something is actually selected to be fully watched
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Level 9

"kturcotte1980" wrote:
I did contact them both via Netflix chat and Twitter. Doubtful, but hopeful they issue a fix to the app. I see no reason why the entire Netflix interface itself (Including previews) couldn't be set to the current resolution and framerate, and then have it auto set/correct once something is actually selected to be fully watched

Good point, but if they really wanted to show customers how talented they are they'd give us a way to switch things like this off completely.
0 Kudos