Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Netflix pop-up issue - channel hangs

The netflix app got updated last week with the "big" popup when scrolling through the lists. After a a few my Roku gives up and just shows blanks and then eventually it just completely hangs and I have to power cycle.

When watching netflix I now see the buffering every now and again. This has never happened in years... Netflix/Roku can you fix it or roll back to the old version while you fix it.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Netflix pop-up issue - channel hangs

Thanks for the note here. Have you contacted Netflix support to report the issue and request additional help? 

What is the pop-up you described showing, or what does it say? Could you take a picture of the pop-up so we can help take a closer look? 

You might try removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>System restart, then once your device loads up again, add the channel back once more. 

Please keep us posted. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi, I'm having problems with Hulu too. I select an episode to watch and it opens a window that has the episode info and a bar that shows searching but then it just closes. It is only happening on my roku device. Hulu works fine on my laptop and cell. Netflix is working on my Roku. I did just move and am setting up my tv and roku after a couple weeks. I did contact hulu support and wasted a couple hours of my life trying twice, but i was disconnected both times, with online tech support. It's so hard to type entire conversations with them only to lose connection in middle of working with them and go through the whole process only to find they have no record of previous chat to look back on. At least you are a message system. Oh, help me Roku Tech Support.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having a similar issue.  Seems there is a new Netflix interface and it is terrible.

I called Netflix and as usual they take no responsibility and say this is Roku's doing and their problem.

I would also like to go back to the pervious interface as this new one sucks!

0 Kudos