Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wminmi
Level 7

Netflix playback issue

I have a Roku TV, and for the most part it's great. Absolutely NO problem watching Hulu, YouTube, Peacock, but when it comes to Netflix, give it up.

Netflix freezes, doesn't load right at all if it even loads, sound is off key with the actors (can hear them talking but their mouths aren't moving) and it's become just a basic pain in the arse.

My PC and other TV (equipped with a Roku Express) play Netflix perfectly fine.

I've tried updating Roku (no luck, says up to date), tried updating Netflix which again didn't help, and even went as far as to uninstall and reinstall Netflix. Still nothing, lags, freezes, etc etc.

I have checked with my internet provider and everything is good on their end, and have even contacted Netflix and it appears all is fine on their end.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Netflix playback issue

@wminmi

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, please make sure to restart your Roku TV before adding the channel back again, specifically in that order.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos