Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LOST_-
Level 7

Netflix playback at 480

Accidentally clicked on the " * " roku remote and saw that while my  Vizio HDMI said playback was 1080p, the stats in the corner of Netflix showed 480....is this normal/common? I have data cap of 300GB at 100mbs download speed, have done cable/net speed tests and all appears "within parameters" to quote STNG, and have NF playback settings at "high" so...what's the deal?? Any help/advice would be GREATLY appreciated!! TIA!! 
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Netflix playback at 480

Netflix will do 1080 with as little as 3 Mbps speed, so I wouldn't think you're having a speed issue. But I have seen in the past that Netflix might take some time to reach higher resolutions. When I still had 4K with them, sometimes it wouldn't reach 2160 for several minutes. 
Your TV may say 1080, but that's because it's what the Roku is sending. The Netflix video is being upscaled by the Roku. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos