Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
st6buck
Level 7

Netflix not working

I have 2 TLC Roku TV's and Netflix will not load keeps kicking me back to the home screen. I tried unplugging, resetting and factory reset. Nothing is working. Netflix works on my DVD player fine.
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: Netflix not working

I have this same issue on a Premiere +. It affects both Netflix and Amazon Prime. It is an intermittent problem. Restarting the Roku fixes it temporarily but it always seems to come back. My Roku 2 does not seem to have this issue. 

I see other threads on this forum describing the same issue(s).

Does anyone know if this is a Roku software problem or a problem with the Netflix and Amazon apps?
0 Kudos
gandalf1369
Level 7

Check the firmware version on your Rokus.  If you have version 7.7 then that is probably the problem.  Read some of the other threads and see if you can get the downgrade to 7.6.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

I haven't had any issues with Netflix on my Stick or 4 or Roku TV, but I decided to test my old 2 XS last night. It does have 7.7 on it, and it too played Netflix without issue. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos

"gandalf1369" wrote:
Check the firmware version on your Rokus.  If you have version 7.7 then that is probably the problem.  Read some of the other threads and see if you can get the downgrade to 7.6.

Thanks for your reply. I am pretty sure that 7.6 was when I first saw this issue occur. So, I don't think that a downgrade will solve this issue. Incidentally, I have tried all of the other usual fixes: factory reset; remove, reboot and reinstall Netflix; and even the fix suggested in the 7.7 thread about turning off the "Test participation" setting in Netflix. Nothing, obviously, has worked so far.
I am trying a swap of my two Rokus between my two TVs to see if which TV each is connected to makes any difference. I'll post back as I continue troubleshooting to see if anything fixes it.
I am always open to other suggestions...unfortunately, being an intermittent issue makes it a bit more difficult to troubleshoot as it takes awhile before I can tell if any particular fix has solved the problem.
0 Kudos

"atc98092" wrote:
I haven't had any issues with Netflix on my Stick or 4 or Roku TV, but I decided to test my old 2 XS last night. It does have 7.7 on it, and it too played Netflix without issue. 

Thanks. I'm not seeing the issue on my 2 XS -- it seems to work OK. It is my Premiere + that has the issue and there it is intermittent. Thanks again.
0 Kudos

Help!
Everything was working fine until a week ago
We have Roku and Netflix on 2 tvs.
Everything works fine on tv1.
Tv2 has Netflix issues. I click on the Netflix icon, the screen goes black and the red Netflix logo comes up. And that is as fa as it gets.
We have 2 Netflix accounts. Signed out of the one that we have been using. Tried the other, same problem.
Called Roku support
Followed their instructions (basic level one diagnostics: unplug stick, plug in. Delete Netflix app, re-install.)

I don't think it's a Netflix problem as I can plug in laptop into tv via hdmi cable and it works fine.

Any suggestions? I'm not at home right now so I can't tell you what versions of anything are, right now.

Thank you.
Lori
0 Kudos
scottlewis
Level 7

If Netflix is not working , may be some network connectivity issues, an issue with your device, and with your Netflix app or account.
0 Kudos