Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix not working on Roku after trying all possible fixes numerous times

Jump to solution

So all of a sudden yesterday evening the Netflix app on my roku stopped working. I did the router reset, checked for software updates, reset the roku, and deleted and reinstalled the Netflix app. It takes 7-9 minutes I open Netflix to the accounts option. Then 2-4 minutes to load Netflix and then forever to load a show to play, then after a few minutes it stops and loads again for a very long time. When reinstalling the app it took almost 25 minutes to add the channel. 
please help!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Netflix not working on Roku after trying all possible fixes numerous times

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community,

Some customers today may have experienced a Netflix channel access issue that was related to a recent channel update affecting certain Roku devices.

If you are experiencing an issue with using Netflix on your Roku device, please perform a software update to resolve this issue.

Steps to perform a software update:
1. Press "Home" and go to Settings
2. Go to System
3. Select Software Update and press "Check now"
4. The issue should be resolved once the channel has been updated

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Alexandrialorna-

This sounds to me like a network connection problem.

Roku menu path Settings/Network/Check connection. When this completes press OK.  What does the next screen show as your Internet download speed?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
MartinMm

Jump to solution

I too am having the same problem with my roku express, already tried restarting the device, checking the connection, removing and re-installing the Netflix tile and still won't work.

0 Kudos
Davd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just finished installing a new Express, everything seems to be good except NetFlix. It tries to start the NetFlix app and crashes, returns back to home screen. I have a Roku Ultra on a different tv, it loaded the Netflix app, required me to do a sign in but the worked normally. Idid remove the app and reinstalled with no change. Not sure what to try now.

0 Kudos
qbazdz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Currently experiencing problems on the 4K stick with Netflix and it worked a few hours ago.

Channel updated to latest version (seems dated today) , stick as well.

Trying to open it up and it shows Netflix logo and than goes back to Home menu.

Removing, reset, reinstall several times to no avail.. 

Chief_II

Jump to solution

Just bought and set up a new express 4k and same problem. Download speed is listed as good (13 mbps). All my other channels work just fine. Have also tried rebooting and reinstalling. 

0 Kudos
Sparkle9149
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is happening to me too! I was watching an episode and accidentally pressed the home button. Now the app won’t open at all and I’ve done everything to try to fix it including a factory reset on my roku. It’s a 4K express stick. Any ideas?

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention at Roku Community!

I understand that you are receiving an issue while accessing the Netflix channel.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart / Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue

If this issue is not resolved, please help us with additional information provided below that would be helpful for our team to look into this problem.
-What Roku model device are you using?
-What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
-What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Sparkle9149
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a roku 4K express. I tried this and it did not work. I did the mentioned method and I also unplugged the device and even factory reset it. Whenever I try to open  the Netflix app it opens to the logo and then goes straight back to the home screen. I’ve tried every possible method to open the app to no avail. 

0 Kudos
Chief_II

Jump to solution

Roku express 4k, followed Mary’s instructions and still does not work. Netflix logo appears on screen for about 1 second and then back to Roku Home Screen. I’ve tried both the Netflix button on the remote and selecting the channel manually on screen. 

0 Kudos