Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Netflix not playing

Netflix is not playing on either of my Roku devices. The episode will start to load and then say We’re having trouble playing this title right now. Netflix is working on my phone and computer so not a Netflix issue. I have tried all the standard restarting, uninstalling/reinstalling, checking for updates, unplugging from power source, checking my router etc. 

83-175-655

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Netflix not playing

I have had this exact issue for four days now

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I ended up getting on chat support with Netflix as it still wasn’t working today and once chat disconnected my Netflix magically worked on roku. No idea what they did but it’s been working since. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same problem since before Christmas (Dec 11 update, I'm guessing?).  

I did the reset/re-install, rebooted router/modem.  No go.  

Had extremely inane discussion w Netflix support.  He said to "contact my ISP" - am I to assume my ISP is throttling? 

When Netflix crashes it seems to knock my entire internet off for a moment (i.e. if I'm using phone w wifi it disconnects when Netflix fails). 

I pointed out that all other apps work (I didn't have Starz at the time, Starz not streaming anything on Roku, but works on computer.  But I don't want to watch a 12" movie, I want to watch on my TV via Roku, like I do HBO, Hulu, Amazon, Criterion, Epix, and every single other app that WORKS on Roku).  The Netflix agent said "Netflix is different."

I agreed - it IS different because it is the only app that will not stream via Roku.

By now they owe me about $60 in refunds for months of useless Netflix. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Please make sure when removing the channel, that you reboot your device before adding the channel back again.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Netflix directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Netflix channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.netflix.com/en/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos