Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jessefl86
Level 7

Netflix not loading problem solved

Like some of you, when you launch netflix it doesn't load it goes all into black screen. After research for hours I finally got it to work. It is not by restarted Roku or uninstalling Netflix. Scratch all those out, don't even do a factory reset, still doesn't work. The solution? It has to do with your display settings. Some of you have it as auto detect which is good. I can view all the apps fine but  still  Netflix was always the problem, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't . Till I finally  took off the auto detect and set it by the specs  of my tv, and it worked after that. I guess Netflix likes that better, either way ironically it work that way for me. So mess with your display type settings. Hope this helps. 

20 REPLIES 20\
boogernose
Level 18

Re: Netflix not loading problem solved

Yeah people are having issues with Netflix.

I'm assuming you set it down to 720p??? or does 1080p work?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Jessefl86
Level 7

Well I went to 4k 30hz and it worked than I jump it to 60hz and it still work. It's funny how it works without auto detect on. 

0 Kudos
SHM
Level 10

Tried this, but doesn't work for me.

Mackbusa
Level 7

I found a way to reset the ap in settings.

0 Kudos
SHM
Level 10

What did you do?

0 Kudos
1Allen
Level 7

Thank you!   I haven't been able to watch Netflix on our Roku Ultra for months.  Changed the display settings to 4K 60Hz, and works like a champ.  Can't use HDR settings though.

0 Kudos
Peppa0426
Level 7

How do I get to display settings?

boogernose
Level 18

From Home go to

Settings/Display rate or whatever it is.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
LaurieBelle
Level 8

Well, that adjustment improved my 25 second Netflix timeout to a 120 second timeout before it said it couldn't play the title.  It didn't knock me off the internet THIS TIME. 

And yes, I have wasted a couple hours of my life online with Netflix "support" and with resetting and rebooting and reinstalling **bleep** on my Roku. 

Netflix said to contact my ISP,  but if my ISP was throttling, why would I be able to watch Netflix for hours on end on my 10" laptop screen?  I didn't get a **bleep** billboard sized TV in my living room so I can squint at my phone.  

That SEEMS like a pretty big clue to the larger issue.  

There's obviously some conflict between Netflix app and Roku platform that just ain't getting resolved.  

I am so over this situation and so over paying $12/month since November 2019 for a service that only works on laptop or my phone screen.  And Starz doesn't work at all on Roku, either. 

Same issue on Starz - 25 second timeout AFTER they waste a minute of my life with one of their promos, which plays perfectly, as do the stupid Netflix trailers when you hover a second too long.  

With the HBO Max conflict, it's starting to look like divorce for Roku and I after eight generally happy years together.