Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Netflix not loading problem solved

Like some of you, when you launch netflix it doesn't load it goes all into black screen. After research for hours I finally got it to work. It is not by restarted Roku or uninstalling Netflix. Scratch all those out, don't even do a factory reset, still doesn't work. The solution? It has to do with your display settings. Some of you have it as auto detect which is good. I can view all the apps fine but  still  Netflix was always the problem, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't . Till I finally  took off the auto detect and set it by the specs  of my tv, and it worked after that. I guess Netflix likes that better, either way ironically it work that way for me. So mess with your display type settings. Hope this helps. 

11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Netflix not loading problem solved

Yeah people are having issues with Netflix.

I'm assuming you set it down to 720p??? or does 1080p work?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Well I went to 4k 30hz and it worked than I jump it to 60hz and it still work. It's funny how it works without auto detect on. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Tried this, but doesn't work for me.

Highlighted
Level 7

I found a way to reset the ap in settings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

What did you do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you!   I haven't been able to watch Netflix on our Roku Ultra for months.  Changed the display settings to 4K 60Hz, and works like a champ.  Can't use HDR settings though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

How do I get to display settings?

Highlighted
Level 17

From Home go to

Settings/Display rate or whatever it is.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
Highlighted
Level 8

Well, that adjustment improved my 25 second Netflix timeout to a 120 second timeout before it said it couldn't play the title.  It didn't knock me off the internet THIS TIME. 

And yes, I have wasted a couple hours of my life online with Netflix "support" and with resetting and rebooting and reinstalling **bleep** on my Roku. 

Netflix said to contact my ISP,  but if my ISP was throttling, why would I be able to watch Netflix for hours on end on my 10" laptop screen?  I didn't get a **bleep** billboard sized TV in my living room so I can squint at my phone.  

That SEEMS like a pretty big clue to the larger issue.  

There's obviously some conflict between Netflix app and Roku platform that just ain't getting resolved.  

I am so over this situation and so over paying $12/month since November 2019 for a service that only works on laptop or my phone screen.  And Starz doesn't work at all on Roku, either. 

Same issue on Starz - 25 second timeout AFTER they waste a minute of my life with one of their promos, which plays perfectly, as do the stupid Netflix trailers when you hover a second too long.  

With the HBO Max conflict, it's starting to look like divorce for Roku and I after eight generally happy years together.