Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffdag
Level 8

Netflix not loading - out of space

Even when I delete channels, I have an SD card installed on my Roku ultra. I I have restarted removed and reinstalled the app, checked for updates, changed the display, still can't get Netflix to load. And still get the message out of space. And I don't see that there's any answers here regarding a solution. This is ridiculous. Is somebody from Roku working on this issue question? I see many posts about the same issue but no solutions.  The only solution I see is the switch to another device.

14 REPLIES 14\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Netflix not loading - out of space

Hello @jeffdag

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Can you please provide us the following information:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-What version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jeffdag
Level 8

Roku device model - 4660RW Roku Ultra
-Serial number - YJ00DG977160
-Device ID - CS382D977160
-Software OS/version - 10.0.0 - build 4195-46

Netflix Version -  5.0  Build 98079416

Tracker ID - 60-199-866

Steps to get issue:  Simply selecting and open the Netflix channel on the home screen.  Which has been working fine until 05/18.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@jeffdag wrote:

Roku device model - 4660RW Roku Ultra
-Serial number - YJ00DG977160
-Device ID - CS382D977160
-Software OS/version - 10.0.0 - build 4195-46

Netflix Version -  5.0  Build 98079416

Tracker ID - 60-199-866

Steps to get issue:  Simply selecting and open the Netflix channel on the home screen.  Which has been working fine until 05/18.

Check for updates:  Settings/System/System updates/Check now -  10.0.0-4198 should be available, and may likely address your NF loading issue.

0 Kudos
Dcummings
Level 7

I keep trying to add Netflix but it won't let me. I had it on my Roku tv for a long time. Then something happened to my internet where I had to restart my Roku tv. That was the only channel I cared about that wasn't  loaded. So I tried to add and it said 'channel install failed' could not add Netflix. Once it said I didn't have the space and had to remove some channels. I did so and still won't add my Netflix. This is upsetting and discouraging to have this device with this kind of problem.16214929439112390253422360427226.jpg

0 Kudos
jeffdag
Level 8

Yes when trying to go through the process of sorting out what's wrong I remove the channel then tried to reinstall it. That's when it wouldn't actually even install. But if you go to settings system and do a system update it may bring it in to your home screen. That's what happened to mine.

0 Kudos
jeffdag
Level 8

I updated as suggested, Netflix would not load same issue not enough space. I remove the channel restarted and reinstalled the channel. Again would not load wouldn't even install. Since the channel was not on the home screen I did not install, I went to system update which miraculously installed Netflix. Went to the home screen tried did not work. Restarted tried again it did not work. So I would say it's not working.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We would recommend trying to completely powering down your Roku device and unplugging it from the power source and then seeing if that resolves the issue you are experiencing.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jeffdag
Level 8

Apparently you may not of read the posts. This has been tried many times,  many variations. And there's still no solution. I plan to move onto a different streaming device. I'm paying for a very popular subscription service that is not working on Roku.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@jeffdag wrote:

Apparently you may not of read the posts. This has been tried many times,  many variations. And there's still no solution. I plan to move onto a different streaming device. I'm paying for a very popular subscription service that is not working on Roku.

In fairness, none of your posts in this thread indicate you powered down (unplugged from electrical outlet) your Ultra for several minutes - you did mention uninstalling/restarting/reinstalling however.

0 Kudos