Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Netflix new annoying auto preview when browsing will make me cancel for good.

I watch TV-14 and PG-13 movies some times so I don't just want a kids profile.  I one stared all the NF MA rated junk and I see less of it now.
Charter Spectrum.
My Router: Netgear R7000 - Advanced Tomato 3.4-140 K26ARM USB VPN-64K.
My Primary Streaming Devices: Fire TV Box (2nd Gen), Roku Premiere.
Cats are the best pets.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Netflix new annoying auto preview when browsing will make me cancel for good.

"reddice" wrote:
I watch TV-14 and PG-13 movies some times so I don't just want a kids profile.  I one stared all the NF MA rated junk and I see less of it now.

If I set my profile to "Teens and below" I don't see any; no R or TV-MA or NR titles.  They do show up in searches (though not category listings), which has to be considered a bug.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

"mikeyts" wrote:
"reddice" wrote:

If I set my profile to "Teens and below" I don't see any; no R or TV-MA or NR titles.  They do show up in searches (though not category listings), which has to be considered a bug.

I will try that.  If you search are they still playable even though I will never play them?

Updated added Teens and below and they still show up.  I give up.
Charter Spectrum.
Cats are the best pets.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

"reddice" wrote:
"mikeyts" wrote:
"reddice" wrote:

I will try that.  If you search are they still playable even though I will never play them?

Updated added Teens and below and they still show up.  I give up.

Which TV-MA, R or NR rated titles do you see with level set to "Teens and below"?  I browsed around for a good long while and couldn't find any, other than in searches (and yes, you can play them from the search results; like I said, its a bug).  Even the ones in my My List are removed from view.

EDIT:  I'm wrong about that--though you can find them in a search you cannot play titles with ratings beyond your limit.  If you try you get one of those "we're having trouble playing this" messages.  Of course some of the poster thumbs which show in the search results for such titles might be objectionable to some customers.

EDIT EDIT:  When you change the ratings level on your profile, make sure that you completely restart the player by going into settings in the app and choosing "Exit Netflix" or "Reload Netflix".
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Notflix pathetic parental controls don't work.  I still see MA and R rated content and I tried out my PS4 and it still plays MA rated NF trailers even though to actually play them I have to still enter the pin.  Now they are pushing this disgusting cannibal original where is shows people eating other peoples corpse.  Pathetic.  If this goes to my other devices as my PS4 is retired for NF I will drop them for there disgusting grouse and vulgar content they keep shoving down my through.
Charter Spectrum.
Cats are the best pets.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I don't know what to tell you, reddice.  The ratings limits work perfectly well for me on all the devices I tried it on:  Roku, Xbox One, Xbox 360, this smart TV, TiVo, Fire TV Stick, etc.  Are you sure that you're doing a hard restart of the app to force it to re-load your profile?

Is there anyone else here who's tried setting your profile's rating restriction  to "Teens and below"?  If so, do you see R, NR and TV-MA rated titles in the browser still.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

I have a profile set up for my grand kids and they only see kids stuff.
4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra 4640 (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

"mikeyts" wrote:
I don't know what to tell you, reddice.  The ratings limits work perfectly well for me on all the devices I tried it on:  Roku, Xbox One, Xbox 360, this smart TV, TiVo, Fire TV Stick, etc.  Are you sure that you're doing a hard restart of the app to force it to re-load your profile?

Is there anyone else here who's tried setting your profile's rating restriction  to "Teens and below"?  If so, do you see R, NR and TV-MA rated titles in the browser still.

I been going through this my entire life.  I notice when I use blocks even with music block explicit tracks I get explicit tracks.  Yet people who hate censored content get the censored content and complain about it on forums.  Example here.  While I block explicit and get explicit content. It has always happened to me.
Charter Spectrum.
Cats are the best pets.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I feel the same as the op. This is what I had to do as a work around. Install TheEndless Netflix Browser from the channel store. Here is the website http://roku.permanence.com/

No more auto previews, search in peace, and a stronger search engine for selecting something to watch. It isn't perfect, but it was my last hope before I too canceled my sub with NF.

It really bothers me that NF doesn't pay attention to customer input. I have complained about not having options to turn off some of these so called features for about 2 years now. And it's always the same script..... 'I will pass on your concerns', but nothing ever happens after that. I have noticed that I am watching more HULU now and subconsciously avoiding NF.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I'm absolutely sure that Netflix is completely aware of customer dissatisfaction with some of their UI features. They just think that more people like the features than dislike them and that no large number of customers will unsubscribe because of them. They do not care that features of their UI annoy you, they only care that you remain subscribed.
0 Kudos