Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Netflix new annoying auto preview when browsing will make me cancel for good.

"8traxrule" wrote:
You obviously didn't look at either video clip linked above, which NO reasonable person can possibly defend. They cut into Schindler's List (only a Best Picture winner from someone named Speilberg) during a CLOSING SHOT, and the credits in "Grease" are anything but plain white-on-black. The credits are not just to list names, but also a time to close out a movie- something those with short attention spans seem to have no concept of.

When I watch a movie, the lights are off, the volume is at a FOREGROUND level, and I don't even answer the phone much less pick it up and play with it during the "boring parts". When a movie has a BIG impact I often don't even remember where the remote is by the time it's over. Meanwhile those who would skip over parts likely have the remote in their hands the entire time.

You should twitter the movie makers, they might be able to force Netflix to do something.  The problem you seem to be having is that you only understand your side of the situation.  It happens.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Netflix new annoying auto preview when browsing will make me cancel for good.

"8traxrule" wrote:
You obviously didn't look at either video clip linked above, which NO reasonable person can possibly defend. They cut into Schindler's List (only a Best Picture winner from someone named Speilberg) during a CLOSING SHOT, and the credits in "Grease" are anything but plain white-on-black. The credits are not just to list names, but also a time to close out a movie- something those with short attention spans seem to have no concept of.

When I watch a movie, the lights are off, the volume is at a FOREGROUND level, and I don't even answer the phone much less pick it up and play with it during the "boring parts". When a movie has a BIG impact I often don't even remember where the remote is by the time it's over. Meanwhile those who would skip over parts likely have the remote in their hands the entire time.

If you were so enraptured, your mighty attention span so focused you you didn't move, wouldn't the remote be right near you, having used it to start the movie?  And for the record, Spielberg (proper spelling for all you cinema respecters out there) also made Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, thereby nearly negating all he had done before.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

"8traxrule" wrote:
If you don't see anything wrong with ending Schindler's List like this, then you simply have NO respect for cinema:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiiC-2gwuyo

And the credits are NOT always a list of scrolling names, white text on a black background but they'll STILL cut them off:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBw_cyqqCHo

And honestly, what I would like to say to YOU right now would get me banned from the forum, so I'll stop now.

I hear ya! Can't stand the Netflix apologists that come on here and defend Netflix ruining videos with their app annoyances. The real question if people love it the way it is why even bother coming on here to argue since you are getting Netflix the way you want? "It's only entertainment" after all which I've heard many many times...
0 Kudos
Highlighted

You can turn off Netflix’s “auto-preview” feature by going to your settings on Netflix.com, and turning off “Test participation.”
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

"blackhawk350z" wrote:
You can turn off Netflix’s “auto-preview” feature by going to your settings on Netflix.com, and turning off “Test participation.”

I always have "Test Participation" turned off and the terrible auto preview feature is always in effect. So is the auto play of episodes when you click a title but haven't pressed the PLAY button yet.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

"blackhawk350z" wrote:

Nope, that has nothing to do with the auto-preview. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos

"blackhawk350z" wrote:

It has got worse. I watched that Copperfield movie and right after it starts playing Altered Carbon. The problem is that I already watched AC a few days before.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

"drjekel_mrhyde" wrote:
"blackhawk350z" wrote:

It has got worse. I watched that Copperfield movie and right after it starts playing Altered Carbon. The problem is that I already watched AC a few days before.

It's Netflix's mission to shove more programming in your face the millisecond the current video reaches the end credits without giving you a chance to breathe, without giving the user any ability to stop suggestions at the end of videos or turning off the auto preview when scrolling. The app is completely nauseating and Netflix ignores all complaints from people that are unhappy with it, they just want videos playing nonstop on your screen whether you like it or not.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

"Emissary35" wrote:
"drjekel_mrhyde" wrote:
"blackhawk350z" wrote:

It's Netflix's mission to shove more programming in your face the millisecond the current video reaches the end credits without giving you a chance to breathe, without giving the user any ability to stop suggestions at the end of videos or turning off the auto preview when scrolling. The app is completely nauseating and Netflix ignores all complaints from people that are unhappy with it, they just want videos playing nonstop on your screen whether you like it or not.

Have you quit Netflix yet?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

"Emissary35" wrote:
"drjekel_mrhyde" wrote:
"blackhawk350z" wrote:

I agree.  My new young neighbors watch Netflix and use a old Roku with the old interface just so they don't have to deal with the annoying auto play video.  So yes many even young people hate this feature but NF ignores all feedback and they do whatever they want.
Charter Spectrum.
My Router: Netgear R7000 - Advanced Tomato 3.4-140 K26ARM USB VPN-64K.
My Primary Streaming Devices: Fire TV Box (2nd Gen), Roku Premiere.
Cats are the best pets.
0 Kudos