Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Netflix new annoying auto preview when browsing will make me cancel for good.

They've probably chosen these features because most people don't want to see identical credits every time (especially on televisions shows), and if you JUST watched an episode, you generally don't need a recap. It's an open market - if there's enough demand for a service that provides the long, boring, complete experience you're looking for, then some company will provide it. 

As for options, some are fine, but like I said above, if they had an options for everything a few people disliked, it would be an overwhelming mess of an options screen, and Netflix doesn't want that either. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Netflix new annoying auto preview when browsing will make me cancel for good.

"Emissary35" wrote:
It's annoying to have to click on the shrunk credits to bring them back because it takes 4 remote clicks, left, up, up and then OK on the remote.

For me it's UP, UP, UP, OK.  Playing around with that now revealed that the marks they embed in the video for where to shrink the credits have become pretty erratic.  It didn't do it for The Secret Life of Pets until 2 minutes 30 seconds into the credits; it didn't happen for Captain America: Civil War at all.  On my Premiere+ the shrinking is wrong--it's like it doesn't shrink it enough to fit inside of the inset and you just see the upper left corner :roll:.  Whatever; I only watch credits when there's something specific I want to find out, like the name of a song or who performed it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: Netflix new annoying auto preview when browsing will make me cancel for good.

"mikebdoss" wrote:
They've probably chosen these features because most people don't want to see identical credits every time (especially on televisions shows), and if you JUST watched an episode, you generally don't need a recap. It's an open market - if there's enough demand for a service that provides the long, boring, complete experience you're looking for, then some company will provide it. 

As for options, some are fine, but like I said above, if they had an options for everything a few people disliked, it would be an overwhelming mess of an options screen, and Netflix doesn't want that either. 

That's your opinion that you  don't need a recap, but not everybody would agree. Netflix shouldn't be deciding for us what parts of the videos are important and what parts are unimportant. And let's not get ridiculous here and suggest that a couple suggestions would cause overwhelming messes of options. Have you seen the playback settings? Two things, playback quality and play next episode or not. Yeah adding the option to not cut off the recaps or shrink the credits would cause the service to devolve into chaos. What was I thinking!? The only thing Netflix doesn't want is to listen to it's paying customers and provide options.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Netflix new annoying auto preview when browsing will make me cancel for good.

This is Netflix that decides to keep making their user interface worse and worse on each release.

They don't listen to their customers, they think they know what people want I'm afraid.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Netflix new annoying auto preview when browsing will make me cancel for good.

They don't care that everyone gets exactly what they want.  Their UI features are designed to keep the largest number of customers subscribed by nudging them to keep watching.  If it's not tolerable then no one's forcing you to continue to subscribe.  It's that simple.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Netflix new annoying auto preview when browsing will make me cancel for good.

"mikeyts" wrote:
They don't care that everyone gets exactly what they want.  Their UI features are designed to keep the largest number of customers subscribed by nudging them to keep watching.  If it's not tolerable then no one's forcing you to continue to subscribe.  It's that simple.

Exactly this. There's no way to please 90 million paying subscribers - someone will hate EVERYTHING you do. But you give them an experience that keeps the most watching, without complicating anything too much. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Netflix new annoying auto preview when browsing will make me cancel for good.

Yes, adding a couple more options to the 2 things already there would really make things complicated. :roll:
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Netflix new annoying auto preview when browsing will make me cancel for good.

I just complained online to Netflix about auto preview.  My issue is the interface is so slow with this feature on my Roku 3.  Netflix Chat response below, so everyone should complain to Netflix support about this feature.

Thank you very much for your feedback. For the time being we don't have the feature to disable this auto preview in no way as its a random experience, so you may find it sometimes you open the app and some others you won't, but the good news is that we're looking into the possibility of removing this feature for good based on customers' feedback. So your voice is definitely being heard and helps us move towards the right direction. We weren't aware the auto preview was causing this issue, but thanks to you we'll now be aware of it. Thank you very much for your feedback, we'll be working on it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Netflix new annoying auto preview when browsing will make me cancel for good.

"BooBlah" wrote:
I just complained online to Netflix about auto preview.  My issue is the interface is so slow with this feature on my Roku 3.  Netflix Chat response below, so everyone should complain to Netflix support about this feature.

Thank you very much for your feedback. For the time being we don't have the feature to disable this auto preview in no way as its a random experience, so you may find it sometimes you open the app and some others you won't, but the good news is that we're looking into the possibility of removing this feature for good based on customers' feedback. So your voice is definitely being heard and helps us move towards the right direction. We weren't aware the auto preview was causing this issue, but thanks to you we'll now be aware of it. Thank you very much for your feedback, we'll be working on it.

They've been providing that kind of canned response for a long time.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Netflix new annoying auto preview when browsing will make me cancel for good.

but the good news is that we're looking into the possibility of removing this feature for good

I hope they get rid of this annoyance.  My Roku just got it so I stopped using it for NF too.  Only my FTV does not have it.
Charter Spectrum.
My Router: Netgear R7000 - Advanced Tomato 3.4-140 K26ARM USB VPN-64K.
My Primary Streaming Devices: Fire TV Box (2nd Gen), Roku Premiere.
Cats are the best pets.
0 Kudos