Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SC1
Level 7

Netflix keeps buffering every few minutes on Roku 3

I have a Roku 3 and Netflix for the last couple of months (or longer) has been buffering every few minutes, which makes it absolutely impossible to watch anything without getting interrupted. It doesn't matter whether it's a movie or a tv show, nor does the length of the video matter. The buffering red circle interrupts the show, and it displays the percent that starts at a very low number but never reaches 100%.

What I've had to do is exit the video that is playing and can immediately press resume and it plays just fine until a few minutes later when it happens again.

I've tried uninstalling the Netflix app, restarting Roku, and re-installing the app. Checked my internet connection, restarted my modem, and nothing changes.

All other streaming apps work just fine on the same Roku & TV. Netflix app works perfectly fine on any other platform, including my phone and casting it (on a different TV in another room).

This appears to be an issue only specifically for Netflix on the Roku.

Is there a solution to this problem?? 

0 Kudos