Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rockou
Level 7

Netflix issue with 9.1

My Roku Ultra (original one with optical output) updated to 9.1 last night and now when watching Netflix it won't auto switch to the correct refresh rate. I have that option turned on and it works in YouTube and Prime when I tried it.
Everything in Netflix stays at 60hz now.
4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI
0 Kudos
5 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Netflix issue with 9.1

Just a guess on my part, as I don't use Netflix anymore. But there were many complaints that since Netflix plays those annoying previews, the refresh rate was constantly causing the screen to flicker/flash. Rather than stopping the video previews (as most users wanted), or making sure the previews used the default refresh rate, they (Netflix) may have disabled their channel allowing native refresh rate. As I said, just a guess. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
rockou
Level 7

At one time the previews all stayed at 60hz except the big main preview of the show they were featuring when you first went into the Netflix app. That wasn't so bad.
It would be good if they would make all main menu previews and whatever stay at 60hz then when you go into a movie then make it change refresh rates.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rockou Thanks for letting us know what you're seeing. 

- Could you please provide an example of a specific show/movie where you are now experiencing this issue in the Netflix channel? 
- What specific TV make/model (and A/V receiver, if any) are you using with your player? 
- Could you describe a bit more information about your use-case for having auto-adjust refresh rate enabled on your device? 

Please PM me me with your Roku device serial number from Settings>System>About and I'll follow up directly to investigate further. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Level 7

Those annoying forced auto previews by Netflix (which they won't allow the user to shut off) are reason to cancel the service without even looking at all the other annoyances built into the app.
0 Kudos
rockou
Level 7

"RokuTannerD" wrote:
@rockou Thanks for letting us know what you're seeing. 

- Could you please provide an example of a specific show/movie where you are now experiencing this issue in the Netflix channel? 
- What specific TV make/model (and A/V receiver, if any) are you using with your player? 
- Could you describe a bit more information about your use-case for having auto-adjust refresh rate enabled on your device? 

Please PM me me with your Roku device serial number from Settings>System>About and I'll follow up directly to investigate further. 

Thanks,
Tanner

It is happening on every movie/show. They are all playing at 60hz now.
My tv and receiver are in my sig.
I have auto refresh rate turned on because my tv is capable of displaying 24, 30 and 60hz. I like it to be displayed the way it is supposed to be, much smoother looking.
I'll email you my serial number as soon as I get a chance.
0 Kudos