Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Netflix installed but unable to use on 2nd screen

Hi All,

I bought a Roku Express and signed up for Netflix through Roku.  I later bought a 2nd Roku Express and when I try to use Netflix the setup says I need to log in.  Netflix does not see my as having an account so I could not add my 2nd screen to a Netflix account.  Roku dashboard says Netflix is installed but has no billing history of me having Netflix.

1. Where is my Netflix coming from?

2. How do I add the 2nd screen to my Netflix account?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Netflix installed but unable to use on 2nd screen

Can you login on the Netflix site?  Can you link the new device there?  Sorry, but I gave up on Netflix years ago, so I don't really know how it all works anymore.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

When you added the second Roku, is it tied to the same Roku account? Typically, if you add/remove a channel on one, it will be duplicated on the other (the order of channels on the home screen will vary, though.)

To be honest, I find it much easier to just subscribe directly to the various services instead of going through a 3rd party. That eliminates alot of hassle, and also that service will get 100% of the money. I'm guessing Roku gets a big cut of that subscription fee (similar to how Apple gets something like 30% for their app store.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm not recognized by Netflix as a customer on the Netflix site and I don't get any email from Netflix.  I think I signed up through Roku, which says Netflix is installed, but the Roku dashboard does not have me down as a subscriber to Netflix. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks I'll check my 2nd screen and confirm that it's linked to the original account

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Nice of you folks to answer.  I'll try what you suggested.

0 Kudos