Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Netflix freezes on Roku Ultra

@mkbnj wrote:

Hi, I have same model (2019 Ultra, model 4670, with exactly the same problem with Netflix freezing. I have removed app / rebooted / reinstalled, but same behavior.

What is the solution?

This is very frustrating, I have two other Roku models they don't have this issue.

Leave Netflix feedback here: https://help.netflix.com/en/contactus.  The more people do it, the faster this issue is resolved.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @mkbnj,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We would be happy to help you. Do you receive any error messages? Does the issue only occur to Netflix or all channels on your Roku device? How long has the issue been occurring?

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

Regards, 
Nimfa

mkbnj
Streaming Star

I called Netflix. They had me unplug Roku and TV, wait 3 minutes, re-plug. At first still had the issue, but after a few minutes, issue was resolved. Strange.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@mkbnj

Thank you for letting us know about this. 

We appreciate your patience in this matter and we're happy to hear that the issue is already resolved.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
deslaurierswd
Reel Rookie

I am having same issue with a Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810x.  I contacted Netflix and they had me do all of the usual reload app, unplug tv/roku, check in internet speed to no avail.  Pausing only happens on this device, on other device, same model, we don't encounter this issue.  Serial # is YHOOFV030056.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @deslaurierswd

I hope you're doing well.

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
deslaurierswd
Reel Rookie

I’ve tried that several times, in that sequence, and it hasn’t helped, if anything it’s gotten worse.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

@deslaurierswd

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the Nextflix channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting Nextflix to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,

Lianna

0 Kudos
UltraPerson
Reel Rookie

I'm experiencing the same thing. Did a full factory reset of my Roku Ulta, rebooted my internet connection, etc. and Netflix still freezes. None of my other streaming channels freeze. And, the Netflix app on my phone - which uses the same WiFi as my Roku - does not freeze.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @UltraPerson

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

As suggested, if the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to Netflix support directly to share your feedback. 

You can contact them here: Netflix Help Center

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos