Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janetpapp83
Level 7

Netflix crashing roku

Every time I attempt to watch Netflix, tv gives me an error that there is nothing connected to the input. Only with Netflix, no other channel. Sometimes pushing home will bring it back to the home screen, sometimes it won’t. Restarting the unit and uninstalling/reinstalling the channel have not fixed the issue. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Netflix crashing roku

[post moved to appropriate board]

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

After removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel', make sure you restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Janetpapp83
Level 7

Hi Danny - I had not tried that, but did yesterday afternoon. Netflix worked one time last evening. This afternoon, I get the same no input error. Extremely frustrating.

0 Kudos
RogerS
Level 7

I have tried the steps recommended and problem persists. When will Roku be deploying a patch to fix the problem ?
0 Kudos
Rivalen
Level 7

After speaking with Netflix, it sounds like it’s an issue they’re aware of and are working on a fix. No ETA given, but there should be account credits for people with the issue once resolved.
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem with the Netflix app crashing our Roku Ultra. Only a restart of the device by unplugging it resolves the problem.
0 Kudos
AHills1
Level 7

Same problem for the last couple weeks.  Worked fine prior.

0 Kudos
anseshad
Level 7

The response is absolutely useless. Please work with Netflix and fix the **bleep** issue.
I strongly believe that this all happened when my Roku updated to 9.2. Its extremely frustrating to see you guys think that people in the forums are complete idiots (providing absolutely lame suggestions).
I don't know why the heck you force the display setting to force back to auto detect if I specifically set it to 4K.
So stupid!!!
0 Kudos
jcaparula
Level 7

I find that a restart works only once . . . the second time I launch Netflix it crashes the Ultra again. 

0 Kudos
anseshad
Level 7

Can someone from ROKU please respond to this thread and at least acknowledge that this is an issue with all 4K TVs + Netflix and you guys are working on this. There has been no response since last Monday.

0 Kudos