Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JDPerry1970
Level 8

Netflix content no longer displayed in search results, why?

We have a Roku Premier and after the latest update Netflix content no longer shows up when you search for movies or shoes. How do we fix this?
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Noelle44
Level 7

Re: Netflix content no longer displayed in search results, why?

I am having the same problem. Nothing comes up for Netflix in search. Does anyone have a solution for this?

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Noelle44 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried rebooting your device and seeing if you are able to find the content you are looking for in Search? Are you able to find other Netflix content in Search? What content are you trying to find in Netflix? It's possible that the content that you are searching for is no longer on Netflix.

For further assistance with this issue, we would recommend reaching out to Netflix as support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Netflix here: https://help.netflix.com/en/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JDPerry1970
Level 8

I do not believe this is a Netflix issue. We have multiple Roku boxes that the search displays Netflix content. Only the newest Roku box is missing Netflix content. If Netflix didn't allow for this feature then how are the older devices working?

Noelle44
Level 7

Yes I did restart my device. I also checked multiple items of content that are available on Netflix but do not show up in search. I also have multiple rokus and my roku premiere is the only roku having this issue. My older rokus show Netflix content when searched. For instance I searched for Tom Hardy movies, when I tried pulling up the movie Inception it doesn’t show anything for Netflix but this movie is currently available on Netflix. I also tried Matt Damon movies. The Departed does not show up in search as available but is available on Netflix. There is not even an option on either of these movies to watch them on Netflix, with or without a subscription. Netflix content for whatever reason is no longer cataloged for the Roku Premiere to search from the home screen. I can go into Netflix and find this content. 

JDPerry1970
Level 8

This is clearly an issue with a Roku software update. Is this something that there is going to be a Firmware update  released to correct? I am actually going to reach out to Netflix to make them aware that Roku is excluding their content. They need to be made aware of this.

Tivoburkee
Level 16

Netflix recently changed so much that older roku will no longer work with it. This change could have made it no longer compatible with roku search. Other apps still work with roku search, so why is it roku's fault if an app like netflix changes?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Noelle44 @JDPerry1970  Thanks for sharing the details. I took a look, and using both model series of Roku Premiere devices that we have offered (models 4620/4630 and 3920/3921) I am able to see Netflix content in 'Search' from the Roku home screen. 

A few more questions here: 

- Where are you currently located?

- What region is your Roku account located in? (Where did you create your account? - e.g. In the U.S.) 

- Are you using any VPNs or other mechanism to alter the location of your internet connection? 

- Have you tried performing a factory reset on your Roku device, then setting it up again from scratch to see if this resolves the issue? See steps for that here: https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-roku-streaming-device-

- You might also try creating a new Roku account at my.roku.com, performing a factory reset on your device, then linking it to the new account to see if you observe the same issue. 

Please keep us posted with what you discover! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Noelle44
Level 7

@RokuTannerD  Hi Tanner- thank you very much for your in depth reply. I have the Roku 4620RW. I am located in the United States, in California. My account was set up in California as well. I do not have a VPN or anything else to change my location. I have 7 Roku devices on my account and this is the only one having a problem. The other Rokus are a variation of older Rokus and streaming sticks. 
I consider myself to be a very tech savvy person, I am not willing to do a factory reset at this time. I feel that would be a very extreme measure to take and would require a lot of time on my part. I have 15-20 apps that would require setup and login if I did do a reset. If the problem persists without a better solution for me then I would try a factory reset at that time. 
Thank you very much for your help! I will continue to follow this topic to see if JDPerry1970 has any luck or other suggestions.

0 Kudos
Noelle44
Level 7

@RokuTannerD @JDPerry1970 

I was just able to fix the problem! I went to search, clear recent searches then did a system restart and Netflix is showing up again! 🥳🥳

I tried removing the Netflix channel and restarting, I’ve restarted my device so many times. The only thing that has worked was clearing the search history. 

0 Kudos