Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Netflix constant buffering on Roku ultra

I’ve used Roku for years and it works great with all my channels except Netflix.  No matter what I’m watching, it gets interrupted with buffering...sometimes it’s only a few times a show, sometimes it’s literally every 30 seconds.  It makes it unwatchable.  Just so you know:

- I have the same issues in both my Roku devices

- No other channel does this, so I don’t think it’s an internet issue or entire Roku issue

- I watch Netflix on my computer on the same WiFi with absolutely no issue (so it’s not entirely a Netflix issue

- I have tried reseting everything, including deleting the app and adding it back, unplugging the Roku and restarting, changing my HD quality on Netflix, etc...

Nothing has worked.  T seems to specifically be a combo problem between using Netflix on Roku.  I’ve seen some similar posts, but they seem to be using different Roku devices and I’ve seen comments that the problem was resolved recently...but it’s still going for me so I thought I’d post again.  Any advice?!?!?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Netflix constant buffering on Roku ultra

When removing/reinstalling, did you restart your Roku before reinstalling? This will make sure there is nothing hanging around in memory from the original installation so that everything for the channel gets reinstalled. It may not make a difference but it's worth trying.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Have you found a solution for this? It sounds like I am in the same boat as you. On both our Roku TVs (and only these, Netflix works great on all other devices), the shows we are watching keep stopping, buffering, while watching. I have tried everything, from unplugging the TV for more than 3 minutes, to re-setting my internet. Nothing has changed. Going on day 4 now and about to throw the TV out the window lol. Hopefully you have found a solution. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having the same issue on my Roku TV and Ultra HD.  I've tried all the suggestions multiple times The internet connection isn't the issue, I don't have issues with any other apps other than Netflix.  To be honest it's maddening since Netflix is my most used app.  There's has to be a solution Roku can provide us.  #netflix Roku Ultra (4660, 4661, 4662 series) #buffering 

0 Kudos