Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robrutus
Level 7

Netflix auto refresh rate switching not working.

Hi,
 I've just purchased a Roku 4k streaming stick plus. I've set the auto refresh switching to on and it works flawlessly on all apps apart from Netflix.

I understand that Netflix refresh rate switching was disable in OS 9.1.0 update because a vocal minority complained it was constantly switching when in menus.
To me that's a minor inconvenience and doesn't warrant the feature being fully disabled. 

Will Roku or the app maker please re-enable this feature for Netflix asap, and let me choose whether I want frame switching or not. 

The auto refresh rate switching was a major reason for me purchasing the Roku and I am little disappointed.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Netflix auto refresh rate switching not working.

Thanks for sharing the feedback here—we'll be sure to pass it along to our team. 

I'd also recommend following up to share your feedback directly with the channel/service provider as well. 

Thanks again! 
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
tellboy
Level 7

I am a UK based user of ROKU and I am a little disappointed to say the least that this functionality has been removed from my device (Netflix only).

I have been having an email discussion ROKU support and have finally got an acknowledgement today 12 November 2019 that the feature is not available in Netflix "As of now, this feature is currently not available in Netflix on the Roku device.". I did ask for a timescale and they did not respond.

I have immediately emailed back asking them to reinstate the functionality (date) or return my cash as the device is clearly not able to deliver the functionality I purchased. It did work at first albeit with the flashing which although undesirable did not affect the viewing experience.

Why they cannot get this to work is beyond me as the BBC (not exactly a tech company) can get the iPlayer to function perfectly.

I await ROKU's next response.

0 Kudos
tellboy
Level 7

Been having a back and forth email trail with ROKU who are blaming Netflix.

I have had enough. My last reply.

"Clearly your product is not fit for purpose. I have therefore switched to Apple TV who do not have any problem in implementing frame rate switching with Netflix.

I have removed your product from my home and will never buy ROKU again.

I sincerely hope that your product gets the success it deserves."

0 Kudos