Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dede-Ohio
Level 7

Netflix app not working since Roku Update on 10/31

yes, I am also having this problem now-I notice most of these posts are older-I get a black screen with the red letters "NETFLIX" but then nothing happens-I have done a factory reset, unplugged, reloaded, did troubleshooting with Netflix, still not resolved-all other streaming services work fine- I have  ROKU smart TCL TV-and antenna tv-

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Netflix app not working since Roku Update on 10/31

@Dede-Ohio 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Dede-Ohio
Level 7

Hello Danny, No, unfortunately this did not work. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Dede-Ohio 

Thanks for the update.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Dede-Ohio
Level 7

Hi Danny, So, interesting development...yesterday when I removed and then added back the Netflix channel it worked! I have been removing it and adding it back daily now for about a week. Why it worked this time who knows....weird. But it is working. I will let you know if it happens again. Thanks!

0 Kudos
dtplb
Level 7

HI, Im having the same issue, is there a way to fix this??

0 Kudos