Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Joeintopeka
Level 7

Re: Netflix app not working since Roku Update on 10/31

Just got a new streaming stick today and also having an issue with Netfiix, but a different one. My password has three@ signs on the end. I get to the first one and then I can type anything I want beyond that, but it will not allow another @.  Just sits there. Not an issue with any other devise.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Vfleming76
Level 8

So I have version 9.2.0 with build 4701-04. How to I get the later build?
0 Kudos
Highlighted

If in case the faces the issue which is Netflix no longer streams on Roku, then the best is to first deactivate and then reactivate the Netflix app on the device for the proper working of this onto the device:

1. To start with is by pressing the Home button for the navigation to the Roku home screen.
  2. Then tap on Settings.
  3. Now choose Netflix Settings.
  4. First is to deactivate this player from my Netflix account.
  5. And once you are here choose ‘Yes’. The device is now deactivated permanently.
  6. Enter the Netflix from the home screen and follow the prompts to reactivate the app.
  7. Sign in to your account and try Netflix again.

Reference: Netflix not working on Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vfleming76  Depending on which specific device you have, that may be the most current version available. There are different builds of 9.2 for different models of Roku devices and TVs.

If you are encountering an issue within the Netflix channel, you can try the following to help resolve an issue: 

1. Navigate to the Netflix channel tile on the Roku home screen. Press the * key on your remote and choose 'Remove channel'.

2. Go to Settings>System>System restart and restart your device. 

3. Once your device starts up again, go to 'Streaming channels', locate Netflix and add the channel back once more. 

If that still isn't helping resolve the issue you're seeing, and other channels are working correctly, please try reaching out to Netflix support to report the issue and request additional support here: https://help.netflix.com/en/

If you need any further help from there, please include more information about whatever issue you're encountering including specific details about the issue, any error messages you may see, etc. We'll try to help see what other suggestions we can make, or follow up to pass along any additional feedback. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Vfleming76
Level 8

I have tried that, even doing a system restore, etc. 

I have also spoke with Netflix and have done all their trouble shooting.

this is happening on both our Rokus, a Roku 3 and an Express.

being that it is only happening on outer Rokus and started after the last update, I’m sure the issue is with Roku and not Netflix.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up. Could you please describe in more detail exactly what the issue is that you encounter when trying to play Netflix on your devices? A step by step description, with the steps you take leading up to the issue, what you see on screen, any specific error codes that appear, etc. would be very helpful. 

To test further, have you tried connecting any specific device to a different TV or wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, and see if you still observe the same issue? Are other channels on your Roku device(s) working normally?

With more information, we can continue working with you to investigate the issue you're encountering. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Vfleming76
Level 8

Both Rokus freeze on the “Netflix” screen. Will not load the profiles or get to any logged in screen.

i have:

rebooted, removed channel reboot then reads channel 

unplugged from wall for 3+ minutes

did a system restore

called Netflix anD did troubleshooting

0 Kudos
Highlighted
charksen
Level 7

Mine had the same issue. For me, it was a display type setting issue. Under the Display Type setting in the Roku settings menu, the Auto Detect setting apparently could not determine my TV type when playing Netflix, so it just froze on a black screen. I selected the specific monitor type. (4K 60 hz TV), and this fixed it. I have a Samsung TV, it might be some weird compatibility issue between Netflix, the Roku device and certain Samsung TV's. I hope this helps some folks. It was a pain in the ass inconvieience when the primary app doesn't work.     

0 Kudos