Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Netflix app not working since Roku Update on 10/31

Good news - I contacted customer support about the issue and they released a fix which seems to resolve the issue. Here’s the last response from them. It worked for me:

Hello Jack​,

A new software update was released today and we believe that should resolve the issue you reported. Please update the software on your Roku player by going to Settings>System>System update.

After the update set the "Display Type" to "Auto Detect" before testing Netflix.

Steps to set Display Type Below:

Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
Scroll up or down and select Settings.
Select Display type.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
Highlighted
UberNewf
Level 7

Doesn't work for me, on either of my two Roku Ultra devices.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Is this the only channel that you observe this issue with? It's possible there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate.

Try removing the Netflix channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the Netflix channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Victorkilo31
Level 7

Tried that several times and it's not helping. My older roku works fine (roku 3) but my newer ultra it doesnt. As far as I've had, it's only been netflix
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Actually - the latest update to the Roku system software improved the situation, but did not resolve it completely.  The problem occurs now only after the Roku box has been idle for a while (like overnight). A reboot resolves it and I can navigate in and out of the Netflix app with no problem. The next time the Roku is idle for a while, the problem then reoccurs and another reboot is required.

BTW, instead of rebooting, I've found that just changing the Display Type setting from Auto-Detect to some non 4K setting (like 1080p), then changing the Display Type back to Auto-Detect (in my case, a 4K HDR setting is detected) will clear up the issue. So, a slightly better workaround then having to physically reboot the machine.

Danny, I'm not sure who you are, but the uninstall and reinstall of Netflix does nothing to resolve the issue.  There is a ticket open with Roku to investigate. If you are with Roku and have access, it's support request #(3044716).

Highlighted
Victorkilo31
Level 7

Those dont work for me and my roku doesnt even have to have been idle. A reboot usually works but not always. Tried changing my display from auto detec but that's been hit or miss as well
0 Kudos
Highlighted
emalvick
Level 7

I'm having a similar issue as those in the recent posts, and it only seems to be Netflix.  

If I try to open Netflix, it just hangs and drops the signal.  Sometimes rebooting fixes things, but sometimes I have to physically unplug the Roku (Ultra), and on a couple of occasions I've had to uninstall and reinstall the Netflix channel.  

Once it gets into Netflix, it gets in, and I am good.  No other channels seem to have this issue, so it may be Netflix itself, but it is weird that the problem only occurs after sitting idle for a while or after using a different channel (doesn't seem to matter what the other channel was).

I'll experiment more with the resolution settings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Steve2019
Level 7

Hi,

I have the same issue (Signal lost) that I had before the update.  Please note that this happen only on my Roku Ultra, it does not happen on my roku express.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Vfleming76
Level 8

Roku, this is obviously an issue with many people. I have done all the trouble shooting, beck I even did a system reset on BOTH out Rokus and still have the is on BOTH. It’s only affect Netflix. My last update shows as Nov. 1 and is saying it’s up to date.

Netflix works on our other devices, so it is NOT an internet provider issue.

We need this fixed as we are cable cutters and Netflix is one of our main apps. If not, it’s time to move one to other devices.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I let Roku support know that the fix they did before only partially solved the issue. They put out a new fix, version 9.2.0 build 4750-46 that has fixed the issue for me at least. Netflix will work even after the box has sat idle for a while (before it would report no-signal for me, but after a reboot, i was able to then go in and navigate in and out of Netflix with no issue).  Do an system update and check that you have the build mentioned.  Not sure if the build is widely available yet.

0 Kudos