Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Roku Ultra - Netflix app 4k not working

@jamesliang885 wrote:

[post merged with same issue thread]

When I try to watch Netflix, all the titles are showing up as HD instead of Ultra HD 4K. I verified by clicking the * button on the remote and the highest I'm getting is 1080. Some titles also have the HDR label, but the resolution is still limited to 1080.

The built-in Netflix app on my tv works fine and it correctly shows the Ultra HD 4K label and I'm able to get 2160 resolution. 

My equipment:

TV: Samsung UN55JU6500
Receiver: Denon AVR-720W
Roku Ultra 4660X

I feed everything to my receiver and output video from the receiver to my TV, but I've also tried hooking the Roku up directly to the TV and still have the same problem. 

Using auto-detect, the Roku selects 4K HDR 30Hz as the display mode. If I manually change the resolution on Roku to 4K 60Hz, Ultra HD 4K returns but HDR titles is now gone. None of the other modes seem to make the Ultra HD 4K label appear. 

To my understanding, Netflix requires a 4K/60 display mode to supply 4K video. 4K/30 won't do it. Since you're connected through an AVR, make sure it a) supports 4K/60 and b) that you are in video passthough. You don't want the AVR attempting any modification to the video stream. Also, on your TV make sure you have UHD Color enabled on the HDMI port that connects to the AVR (likely your ARC port, which on my JU7100 is HDMI 4).

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos