Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Netflix app closing repeatedly (new issues)

[size=100][size=100]Having the same issue as everyone else on TCL Roku TV / not having this issue with with any other apps. Disabled the test participation online but the app is still shutting down. [/font][/size][/font][/size]

Only workaround right now is to use Netflix on my phone and then chromecast to TV, since i have a chromecast[/font]
0 Kudos

Mine started this last weekend. Any word on a real fix?
0 Kudos
Onheylah
Level 7

Mine has been doing this for months. I disabled test participation. I deleted and reinstalled the app. Nothing.

THEN, I read where after you delete the app, turn the device OFF before reinstalling app. Once I did this, I have not had a crash since.

So. Delete app. Power off device. Power on device. Reinstall app.
0 Kudos
Onheylah
Level 7

"onlypoohknows" wrote:
Mine started this last weekend. Any word on a real fix?

Read my response above
0 Kudos
jmfireman77
Level 7

Ok i got so mad at the Netflix crashes i turned on Amazon. I lasted less than a minute before it crashed. Tcl 55" tv bought in July.
0 Kudos
Jayaro
Level 7

"Onheylah" wrote:
Mine has been doing this for months. I disabled test participation. I deleted and reinstalled the app. Nothing.

THEN, I read where after you delete the app, turn the device OFF before reinstalling app. Once I did this, I have not had a crash since.

So. Delete app. Power off device. Power on device. Reinstall app.

I did this too, but unfortunately it has returned. It worked great maybe 2 times and then went back to crashing.
0 Kudos
Family123
Level 7

I'm having this issue it started fairly recently say 2 weeks ago. today I cant watch Netflix unless I keep reloading and eventually it loads but will crash after several minutes (my least favorite situation to tease like that)
0 Kudos
Bonji
Level 7

Check that the ROKU cannot alter the refresh rate of the TV. It's somewhere in the settings display menu. That fixed it for me. Stable ever since.
0 Kudos
KHank13
Level 7

I was having similar problems on my Sharp RokuTV. Came across a video on YOUTUBE. Long story short I went
Home> Settings> System> System Update and it seems to be working now. Not sure if this will help but it's worth a shot
https://youtu.be/wWET0kpUQbI
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 17

"Bonji" wrote:
Check that the ROKU cannot alter the refresh rate of the TV. It's somewhere in the settings display menu. That fixed it for me. Stable ever since.

Roku players cannot alter their refresh rate. I believe you are referring to the framerate setting available under the Advanced Display Settings of some model player.s Frame rate and Refresh rate are two different animals. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos