Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickbdman
Level 7

Re: Netflix app closing repeatedly (new issues)

Hey all,

I noticed in another thread that Roku had suggested uninstalling the Netflix App, then RESTART THE DEVICE WITH NETFLIX DELETED, and THEN reinstall Netflix.  Not saying this is sure to solve the problem, but thus far I've gotten in 4 hours of viewing/browsing without the typical crash after a minute or two.  Don't know why that hadn't been pointed out before, and can't say for sure that it will work, but certainly worth the attempt.
0 Kudos
MikiK
Level 7

I was having this same problem for at least two weeks with my Roku streaming stick and wanted to chime in with what fixed it for me but rickbdman just did. ^^^^^ After spending 45+ minutes on the phone with a very nice Netflix agent the app was still crashing back to the Roku home screen after no more than 3 minutes.
Finally, I deleted the app, restarted the whole device, (after I did that there was a new home screen on my Roku) and THEN reinstalled Netflix. I haven’t had one problem with Netflix since.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 17

Yes, that is something the CS person should have said. It is always a required step to reboot the Roku after uninstalling a channel and before attempting to reinstall. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
rickbdman
Level 7

Don't see the suggestion to restart between removing and re-adding Netflix in this thread earlier, and I scoured the other older thread we broke off from, https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=104331 , and don't see that suggestion there either.  I would strongly suggest Roku contact Netflix about their help article(s), such as https://help.netflix.com/en/node/25892, to ensure that crucial step of restarting is included in suggested fixes, would have saved me a LOT of time and effort.
0 Kudos
wallydog
Level 7

"rickbdman" wrote:
Don't see the suggestion to restart between removing and re-adding Netflix in this thread earlier, and I scoured the other older thread we broke off from, https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=104331 , and don't see that suggestion there either.  I would strongly suggest Roku contact Netflix about their help article(s), such as https://help.netflix.com/en/node/25892, to ensure that crucial step of restarting is included in suggested fixes, would have saved me a LOT of time and effort.

I suggested it in this thread November  4th perhaps I should have worded it diferently 
0 Kudos

Happening to me again ugh.  Pretty damn annoying that the only solution is to uninstall/reinstall.  It's not a different build, why is it randomly breaking?
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 11

It's a bug in 7.7.  Uninstalling does nothing more to help the issue than just restarting.  Supposedly 8.0 will fix it on the TVs.  Supposedly.  It was also supposedly going to be rolling out to TVs beginning in November.  Supposedly.
0 Kudos
shelleyp
Level 10

"twiceover" wrote:
It's a bug in 7.7.  Uninstalling does nothing more to help the issue than just restarting.  Supposedly 8.0 will fix it on the TVs.  Supposedly.  It was also supposedly going to be rolling out to TVs beginning in November.  Supposedly.

Hope so.

I have a Amazon Fire TV attached to the Roku TV. When I access Netflix on it, it comes up immediately, is fast, and never crashes. Never.

Also noticed the performance improvement using the Fire TV over the Roku controls with Hulu, too. At this point, I just couldn't recommend the Roku TV. Or if I got the TV, I'd get a separate device to control the apps.
0 Kudos
Brandi2126
Level 7

Having the same issue as everyone else. We have a Sharp Roku tv not having this issue with with any other apps on the tv just Netflix. I disabled the test participation online but the app is still shutting down. Please tell me how to fix this problem.
0 Kudos
LePaul
Level 7

We're seeing the same issue on our Roku equipped TV

Like many others in another thread, we were seeing a crash about 19 minutes into a program, then the video would halt...the audio would continue for 10-15 seconds then the TV would go dark and restart.

We had about a month and a half of no issues, but over the past week, it is back again.

I would really love to hear from Roku Support/Customer Support on why this continues to happen?
0 Kudos