Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RiderTexas
Level 7

Re: Netflix app closing repeatedly (new issues)

I'm having the same problem with my TCL, and only when trying to stream Netflix. It's happening on two (2) different TCL TVs, purchased a year apart.
0 Kudos
wallydog
Level 7

I also had this . This is what worked for me I have the 28 inch TCL Roku tv . Turned off test participation didn't work so I removed Netflix turned off the tv and unpluged it and plugged it back in ,reinstaled Netfix and logged in then whent to update and checked for update . I got an update for Netflix . It has worked ever since .
0 Kudos
hjerne
Level 7

I was having this problem on my streaming stick. However mine had an additional issue.  Netflix would just shut off and the screen would go blank. Then after a few seconds the YouTube app would open up.  I uninstalled the YouTube app and haven't had a single problem since.  Hopefully this can give somebody a clue as to what and where the error is.
0 Kudos

So...no update on this? Starting to really regret buying this tv if I can't us the apps.
0 Kudos
tiggermej65
Level 7

I am having the same issues. The test participation off didn't help. All my other channels work fine. Feeling really frustrated.
0 Kudos
rickbdman
Level 7

I'm getting the same, tried all the advice, removed and re-added the Netflix app several times, no luck.

TCL Roku TV 7104X, 7.7.0 Build 4154-30.  All other channels work fine, having to go through my PS4 just to watch Netflix, my primary media source.

TV is still within the return period, seeing how long this has been going on with so many people makes me wonder why Netflix themselves haven't stepped in, or why there's no better (or any) resolution offered by Roku.  The only solution posted was from a user (to opt out of the Netflix stuff), that thread was closed as others were complaining that it wasn't a resolution.  This official support doesn't seem all that official, or all that support-y.  Very very frustrated.
0 Kudos
ATLGreg1
Level 7

Same issue. Reading lots of threads. It's obviously a common problem. Turning off the test participation did not work. Would like to hear some kind of resolution, as I just bought this tv and installed it on the wall myself.
0 Kudos
trickeyj1964
Level 7

Same thing has been happening to me 10-20 times a night. Netflix works fine on my laptop but I want to watch Netflix on my tv. Has a resolution been found?
0 Kudos
loudandnoisy
Level 7

Same issue here.  New TV, up and running last Tuesday 11/7, 55in TCL.  Not sure when I got around to installing and watching Netflix, but I know on Friday, I was able to binge through a few 45 minute episodes before I got booted back to the home screen and it's been doing it ever since.  I turned off the test participation setting on my computer.  I've uninstalled, reinstalled, powered on, powered off, etc.  I've been using the same episode as a control point and I only get about 30 seconds into the episode (not the 30 minutes everyone in the initial thread had been talking about).  Right after I turned off test participation, the episode went a little further, maybe a minute or so, but at that same 30 second mark the video continued playing but sound turned off.  Uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot and I got about a minute or so into that episode before getting booted back to home.  

Netflix v4.2 build 80479018
TCL Roku TV 7105X, model 55s405, software 7.7.0 build 4154-30

Thanks!
0 Kudos
ATLGreg1
Level 7

Hello, Roku? Bueller???
0 Kudos