Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
optima
Level 7

Netflix app closing repeatedly (new issues)

The Netflix test participation fix had worked up until about 3 weeks for our TCL Roku TV; this resolve NO longer does the trick.  We have tried uninstalling etc., also to no avail.  All other APPS work perfectly (HULU, Amazon, HBO Now).  This crashing issue is happing to my friend's TCL Roku as well.  I am so surprised Roku (or Netflix) has done nothing to address this widespread problem.  
0 Kudos
39 Replies
shelleyp
Level 7

Re: Netflix app closing repeatedly

I guess I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that's having a horrid time with Netflix on Roku TV. 

The channel is almost unusable now. It freezes, kicks me out, and literally causes the TV to shut off. 
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

@shellep & @optima, what is the model and serial number/deviceID of your Roku?

Also, what firmware version are you on?  (Settings > System > About)
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Berserker
Level 7

Re: Netflix app closing repeatedly (new issues)

Having same issue with tcl Roku tv with newest update uninstalled and reinstalled Netflix twice still stuck....
0 Kudos
shelleyp
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:

TCL Roku TV 5113X
Model 50FS3800
Software 7.7.0 build 4142-08
Netflix, just now, rebooted the TV (shut down and restart). It happens daily. Apps should NOT do this. 

PS I turned off test participation for Netflix and problem still continues
0 Kudos
shawno304
Level 7

I am also having the same issue ,no other apps have issues
tcl roku tv
version of netflix is 4.2.80479018
0 Kudos
MWDXER
Level 10

I am having the same issues with Epix and Archive Warner, but it seems to affect only certain movies. This is on the Express Plus. I switched over to my old LT last night and the LT does not seem to have the issue. I re-watched the movie on Epix and it did not kick off the app once.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

"MWDXER" wrote:
I am having the same issues with Epix and Archive Warner, but it seems to affect only certain movies. This is on the Express Plus. I switched over to my old LT last night and the LT does not seem to have the issue. I re-watched the movie on Epix and it did not kick off the app once.

Please start a new thread with relevant information.  This thread is specifically regarding the Netflix channel.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos

Same issue on my Roku tv.  Netflix closing repeatedly after a minute or less.  I disabled test participation on my Netflix account settings but it's still doing it.  It says the app is at Version 4.2-build 80479018 if that helps.

Tv settings say 7.7.0 build 4154-38 ( I think I need new glasses lol) - Sharp Roku TV 7201X / Shar Model - LC-43LBU591U

Please fix Netflix it's my drug of choice!
0 Kudos
optima
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:

We have a TCL Roku TV model 55S405 year 2017.  Netflix has crashed now 3 times while watching stranger things.  Any resolves on this issue?  Tried installing netflix app with no dice.  Roku system is current update.  
Thank you of your help. 
0 Kudos