Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cityten
Level 8

Netflix Volume

I use quite a few apps on my Roku Ultra including Netflix, Crave, and Prime.

The Netflix volume is about half the average volume of my other apps. 

I find that I am frequently viewing Netflix content at full volume. 

I'm wondering if this is something that Roku has any control over, and if so do they intend to address it?    

0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Netflix Volume

Netflix for me plays at a similar volume as everything else so it doesn't appear to be a systematic problem affecting everyone.

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel did not install correctly, has received a faulty update, or has subsequently gotten corrupted. A reinstall of the channel to get its latest version may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

Let us know how you make out.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
dathead2
Level 10

Re: Netflix Volume

Just as of last week I started having to turn up Netflix too. Not sure why.  But a big deal for me.  Just adding a data point. 

Roku Ultra 4660X
RokuOS 9.4.0 build 4200
Sony Bravia 55A8G TV
0 Kudos