Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QuiGonJohn
Roku Guru

Netflix Problems - AutoPlay, Pause Behavior

Jump to solution

I have two major problems with Netflix on Roku that I wish someone would fix.

1. Auto-Play: I am talking about the automatic "play the show before I even have a minute to look at other options". When I go to a TV show or movie it starts automatically. I don't even have time to push the play button. Why is the play button even there? I don't want it to start automatically. I don't even have time to push the different episode button. There doesn't seem to be a way to control this option. 

2. PAUSE BEHAVIOR: Often, I go back and then pause because there is something on the screen I want to get a closer look at, or read. But for some idiotic reason, after a few seconds, Netflix throws up the title of the show and other garbage covering most of the screen. Can't they just leave it paused and clean of that junk.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Netflix Problems - AutoPlay, Pause Behavior

Jump to solution

This has absolutely nothing to do with Roku. Roku does not develop the Netflix channel Netflix does. If you don’t wanna see previews you can simply turn them off in your Netflix account. And for your second issue I suggest you go to Netflix and suggest your issue with them

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/2102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This has absolutely nothing to do with Roku. Roku does not develop the Netflix channel Netflix does. If you don’t wanna see previews you can simply turn them off in your Netflix account. And for your second issue I suggest you go to Netflix and suggest your issue with them

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/2102

0 Kudos
QuiGonJohn
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

My Netflix account already DOES NOT have Autoplay Previews checked. Also, they just made another annoying change. When you get into the Netflix channel, you used to have the various rows, "continue watching", "my list", "new", "recommended", etc. Now I get a banner about some show or movie and I have to press DOWN several times (each time this banner changes), before I can finally access those rows.

Oh, and Netflix has no way to mail them, or a forum to interact. Only thing you can do is call, and then you speak to someone who has NOT A CLUE as to what is going on.