Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Netflix Not Working on all my Roku Devices

Jump to solution

Just spent 30+ minutes with Netflix support. Went through all their troubleshooting & say it must be a Roku issue. I can't get passed the Netflix splash screen (black screen with red Netflix logo)

I have tried ...

1. Removing Netflix channel

2. Restarting wireless router 

2. Unplugging TV, Roku Express

4. Turning all back on and then.

5. Adding Netflix channel 

Unfortunately, Netflix still won't load. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Netflix Not Working on all my Roku Devices

Jump to solution

As of this posting, my Netflix is working.

I called my ISP (Comcast - xfinity) yesterday & tech support responded before I had the chance to explain my issue. They said they were very much aware of the problem, that it was a known Netflix issue and that Netflix was now working hard to resolve. 

I am the OP of this thread and I am very grateful for all your replies and help. 

Thank you.

Kenna

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
39 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Kenna1  Thanks for reaching out. I have a few more questions here to help better understand the issue you're seeing, and the steps you've tried so far. 

- When troubleshooting the channel installation, did you remove the channel, restart your player/tv entirely from the Settings menu or by disconnecting the power, before reinstalling the channel? 

- Do you experience this issue with any other streaming channel on your device? 

- Have you tried connecting your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if the same issue occurs? This can be an important method to help rule out network related issues. 

- Have you spoken with your ISP for additional troubleshooting, or assistance looking into your network to see if they can identify any issues that may be preventing your device from connecting to Netflix? 

The next time you see this behavior, generate an issue tracker report ID by pressing the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times on your Roku remote. Feel free to send me a private message with the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About, along with the tracker ID you generated, and we can help take a closer look. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same issues. It’s obviously a roku issue but their support has not been helpful.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same thing on both my Roku TV and 2 other roku SE's. It's saying it's a connection error and when I run the connection test there is 0 Mbps coming through. However every other channel works fine and a speed test on the router shows it's getting 25-30 Mbps, which i know is sort of slow, but it's been working fine off that speed for years. Just the last 2 days, nothing. And prior to that the preview pictures wouldn't load for a couple of days, like it slowly died.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'll note that I talked to both Netflix and Roku customer support and they both punted it back to the other company.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Jrusso @niki8199  Thanks for sharing your observations here. We aren't aware of any issues at the moment that would affect your Roku device. If all other streaming channels (apps) are working correctly, are you're only experiencing an issue in this particular channel, it's possible that the channel is experiencing an issue that they may need to investigate further. A few more questions here, as noted above: 

- When troubleshooting the channel installation, did you remove the channel, restart your player/TV entirely from the Settings menu or by disconnecting the power, before reinstalling the channel? 

- Do you experience this issue with any other streaming channel on your device? 

- Have you tried connecting your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if the same issue occurs? This can be an important method to help rule out network related issues. 

- Have you spoken with your ISP for additional troubleshooting, or assistance looking into your network to see if they can identify any issues that may be preventing your device from connecting to Netflix? 

The next time you see this behavior, generate an issue tracker report ID by pressing the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times on your Roku remote. Feel free to send me a private message with the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About, along with the tracker ID you generated, and we can help take a closer look. 

With more information, we can continue looking into this, and help pass feedback along to the channel/service provider. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. At this point I have a new Netflix account I want to use and I just want to change the login credentials. But even when it goes further than the Netflix logo there isn’t anywhere to change the login credentials for Netflix. 
Issue tracker report ID 41-103-623

serial # YF0028564541

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

And yes I’ve done all of the steps you mentioned. Also spoke with support and chatted with support but they were unable to help at all 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Also, I did a factory reset and when I went to Hulu it asked me for my login credentials but when I went to Netflix it didn’t. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Jrusso 

Thanks.

- Are other channels (apps) working normally on your device, such as The Roku Channel, YouTube, PlutoTV, etc.? 

- When you connected your Roku device to a different wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, what occurred? Did you see the same behavior or did the Netflix channel load past the logo screen? 

- Who is your ISP? Have you contacted your ISP to report this issue and request that they investigate further? 

If you remove the Netflix channel, restart your device, and then add the channel back, it will not retain any previous account or login information. In this instance, when you launch the channel, you would immediately be prompted to either sign in or to sign up. 

Try the following steps, in order once more:

1. Remove the Netflix channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the Netflix channel tile, pressing the * key and choosing 'Remove channel'. 

2. Immediately restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. 

3. Once your device loads up again, go to 'Streaming channels' on the home screen, search for Netflix and add the channel back once more. 

Once the channel in reinstalled, it no longer has any record of your previous login information. You should be prompted to either sign in or sign up on the first screen that appears after launching the channel. 

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos