Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Netflix Not Allowing Changes

So, recently we've moved off of another family member's account and made our own, the Roku app sits on the "choose a profile" screen upon start of the app, and doesn't allow us to pick one to log out so we can log back in with the new profile.
How can we do a reboot of this? Even a factory reset at this point would work, but would prefer not to go this route

EDIT: Also should say I have tried to get through to Roku's actual support team, but it just says the express and TV that we have both don't apply for actual person support.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Netflix Not Allowing Changes

If you want to set up a new account I dont see any other clean way out than a Factory reset.

Make sure you pull any MicroSD memory out.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

1: Start Netflix. Go to settings (arrow-left to menu, then arrow down). At the bottom of the settings screen is "Sign Out".

2: Delete Netflix, reboot the Roku, reinstall Netflix

3: If you log into the Netflix web site and go to your old account, you can delete all devices. That will force a re-login on everything tied to that account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

You're not getting where it is stuck...... I can't even GET to that page. Can't select a profile to go into to see what's streaming or the settings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Then try delete Netflix, reboot Roku, reinstall Netflix.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@RoRo1  Thanks for reaching out! Not all models of Roku device offer the profiles feature in Netflix. What model of Roku device are you using from Settings>System>About? 

Have you previously used this feature on this same device? Have you already set up multiple profile in your Netflix account online? 

With more information, we can continue assisting from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

So, had a friend come over who works with setup on Roku and Android Boxes, Apparently we had to unplug the Roku for 10+ seconds, and restart the app, it then let us pic a profile to go in and sign out of the account.

If anyone else comes across this issue, that's what we did, and it worked.

0 Kudos