Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjc_123
Level 7

Netflix Ending Dec 1st 2019 on older devices?

So I just came across the article linked below stating that Netflix will no longer be supported on older Roku devices including "Any other Roku devices that cannot auto-play the next episode".
I currently have a Roku 2 XD & 2 XS. Am I just out of luck and need to upgrade quickly or is there going to be a software update (roku and/or channel) so I don't have to worry?
This really stinks since I have been a loyal customer since 2009. :/ But then again, Moore's Law.

https://lifehacker.com/these-devices-will-lose-netflix-support-on-december-1-1839667351/amp
0 Kudos
2 Replies
y2kdeuce
Level 7

Re: Netflix Ending Dec 1st 2019 on older devices?

Moore's law indeed.  I wonder how many devices still in use will need upgrading. Fortunately, there are much better ROKU models out now, and the stick is cheap.

abbylinda
Level 7

Re: Netflix Ending Dec 1st 2019 on older devices?

I have a drawer full of older Roku devices not being used at the moment, but I did get an email today.  The one Roku still in use is a Roku 3, model 4200x and I don't see it on the list.  I'm going to guess it's OK but I suppose I'll find out for sure soon.  

0 Kudos