Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rainydays4444
Level 8

Netflix Continually Buffering When All Other Channels Work Fine

I have a Roku Premiere and currently, the Netflix Channel is experiencing playback issues and constantly buffering even though all the other channels work perfectly fine. I have Express VPN with an ASUS RT-68U model router that is directly connected to my modem. My Roku is connected via wifi to the ASUS router. I have tried uninstalling the app, restarting the Roku, and reinstalling the app and that has not helped the situation.

5 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Netflix Continually Buffering When All Other Channels Work Fine

I wonder if Netflix doesn't play well with your VPN.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
ccccccccca
Level 7

I'm having the same problem just starting today about 8 hours ago.  Netflix loads fine on my computer and phone, but not on my Roku 3.  I'm with Xfinity and use their provided modem/router, and can load any other app on my Roku, but Netflix won't do anything but load the word NETFLIX and then says the following:

"Netflix has encountered an error.  Retrying in x seconds. Code: tvq-st-120"

It goes back to the NETFLIX logo and then back to the error.  If I click on More Details, it says this:

"Couldn't connect to Netflix.  Please try again or restart your home network and streaming device.  For more information, visit netflix.com/nethelp. Code: ui-113"

I've restarted my home network unplugging for >1 minute.  I've restarted my Roku, unplugging for > 1 minute.  I've removed Netflix and added it back in.  I've cleared the cookies for Netflix on my computer.  I've updated my Roku and tried to update my Netflix, but it was up to date.  I've logged out of my Netflix account and back in again.

0 Kudos
ccccccccca
Level 7

And then, randomly after it not working and me not restarting anything, it works.  Since this seems to be a known problem that's been bothering people for many months, I will probably look into buying a different device when I replace my Roku 3 4200x. 

0 Kudos
rainydays4444
Level 8

I was wondering that as well, however, I used the exact same wifi on my computer, and the Netflix app and web browser both worked just fine. So this seems to be on Roku's end.

0 Kudos
rainydays4444
Level 8

Very interesting I had the exact same thing happen to me! Yesterday the issue seemed to have cleared up, and this morning it was working just fine. Then I went to watch something on Netflix tonight and the same issue is occurring again. I don't understand why it will stop working, then work, only to stop working again.

0 Kudos