Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Netflix Channel Exits and Won't Launch Until Restart

We replaced our Roku completely thinking it was an issue with the device. We upgraded to a streaming stick+ and it shuts down every. single. time. we start Netflix. Rebooting the device allows us to start it once only. I found this thread & we have downgraded to 1080 & that seems to have worked but it seems crazy to have a 4K stick we can’t really use. 

The last post from someone at Roku about this issue was in November. Has there been an update on this issue yet? @RokuTannerD 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Netflix Channel Exits and Won't Launch Until Restart

The first thing I would suggest you do is to go to System update -> Check now and make sure you have the latest release of the software

Then you can try going to Settings -> System -> Advanced system settings -> Advanced display settings -> Auto-adjust display refresh rate and if it isn't already set to Disabled, set it, then go down to HDR subsampling  and set it to 4:2:0 .

This has worked for some people, it might work for you.

Unless you get some kind of official response from someone from Roku, that's all I have.

I like my Roku box, or at least I did until they pushed 9.2.0 software upgrade.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I had the same problem for quite some time and I gave up trying to find a solution. I just hooked my Roku up with a remote switch so I could power it off and on. Then a last week it just fixed itself without me doing anything. I have no idea why.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Check to see if Roku pushed another build of the 9.2.0 software to your box. Who knows, they might have fixed the problem.

0 Kudos