Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welo212219
Level 7

Netflix App

The Netflix app is so terrible, it hasn’t been working properly even after a delete, download, refresh. The problem is not with Netflix itself but rather with Roku’s version of the app. It needs updating; after entering the application it is completely unresponsive or lags for roughly 5-8 seconds after pressing any directional button/making a selection. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Netflix App

NOTE:  The correct procedure to re-install an app is 1) Remove app 2) RESTART the Roku 3) Re-add app - this must be done in this exact order.

What Roku model #/firmware version/build do you have? (Settings/System/About)

What NetFlix app version/build do you have? highlight the NF app, press Options (*)

0 Kudos
Welo212219
Level 7

Thanks for the reply - I actually tried that as well. Delete, restart, add Netflix again, to no avail. After I am on it for roughly 2 minutes it starts to lag/delay, sometimes it also makes my TV crash. However, if I go to Netflix on my phone and then cast to my Roku, it works perfectly fine. Netflix is the 5.1 build and Roku is C129X/9.4.0 build 4210-93

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@Welo212219 wrote:

Thanks for the reply - I actually tried that as well. Delete, restart, add Netflix again, to no avail. After I am on it for roughly 2 minutes it starts to lag/delay, sometimes it also makes my TV crash. However, if I go to Netflix on my phone and then cast to my Roku, it works perfectly fine. Netflix is the 5.1 build and Roku is C129X/9.4.0 build 4210-93

So this NF on a TCL Roku TV.

(FYI, you posted in the player section, not the TV section)

There are different versions/builds of the NF app for different models/model types, as well as for different firmware versions/builds.

You only provided the version of the NF app, not the build (it matters).

If/when your TCL upgrades to OS10 (its rolling out now), it will very likely get a newer build of NF 5.1, so it may just be a matter of the firmware upgrade solving your issue.

Otherwise, you can try power cycling the TV (unplugged from wall for 5-10 mins), doing the Network connection reset, or the drastic step of a Factory reset.

0 Kudos