Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tbaudoin
Level 7

Netflix App randomly loosing the Ultra HD 4K Banner

I'm having a random problem and wondering if someone has any suggestions.  Randomly, not every time or every day, at some point netflix looses the Ultra 4K HD banner list.  HDR still play fine and all other things seem to be working correctly, but I have this pesky issue of which I can't seem to resolve.  Any suggestions?

The interim fix seems to be logging out of Netflix and logging back in.  It returns, lasts awhile, then disappears hours or days later.  Confused.
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Tbaudoin
Level 7

Re: Netflix App randomly loosing the Ultra HD 4K Banner

As an attempt to correct the issue, I logged out, deleted, and reinstalled the Netflix App.  Will report if it does it again.  Any other suggestions?  As I have said, no issues with playback whether the banner was there or not.  There are several HDR things I watch, and they are therefore are in My List.  So, I find it bazaar that the Ultra 4k HD list doesn't show, but the content, if searched for or in My List, does and plays at full HDR with chroma set at 4:2:2 on of the Roku.
0 Kudos
Tbaudoin
Level 7

Netflix app lost 4K banner overnight.  It's so random.  Again, I logged out and back it -it returns.  Can someone at Roku/Netflix please take a look at this.  My output is 4K all the time.

All plays fine and HDR videos are available, but not the banner.
0 Kudos
Tbaudoin
Level 7

Does anyone know how to get rid of the upper left hand banner while videos are playing in Netflix (showing video time, bit rate, and audio info).  IT's not the TV display, but only in Netflix.. It wasn't there earlier, I must have done something, but can't seem to find the button to kill it.  IT's nice to know the info, but don't need it full time.

solved it by logging out and logging back in... WTH!  Netflix, please work on your app... 
0 Kudos
Tbaudoin
Level 7

Netflix still loosing 4K banner.  Al other things are working properly -as best I can tell.  Why are there no responses from Roku to questions?  Interesting... is there anyone monitoring these posts or is this a place to gripe without expectation of any help from Roku?.... Please address this question.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled the Netflix app.  Yes, I rebooted in between.  Even rebooted my network to make sure it wasn't the IP causing the issue.. maybe it needs a static IP to work properly?  Though, one of the TVs I use has the app built in and it has never lost the banner.  Just the Roku box.  
0 Kudos
Tbaudoin
Level 7

Still loosing Banner!
0 Kudos
trekkeriii
Level 10

It's a Netflix problem. They will have to fix their app. I see it happen every now and then on my other devices.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
Tbaudoin
Level 7

Thanks, I felt like I was the only one and couldn’t imagine it. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
0 Kudos
trekkeriii
Level 10

"Tbaudoin" wrote:
Thanks, I felt like I was the only one and couldn’t imagine it.  Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Yeah, I had to reboot my Shield to get 4K items to show up.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
Tbaudoin
Level 7

It’s so weird. Have you tried just logging out of Netflix and back in? Mine comes back when I do that. All the content is there and works correctly -was streaming regularly when it wasn’t there. It’s just odd to me.

One day last week it came back for a few hours, then it was gone again. Seems like it is launching too fast. It was a more deliberate looking launch (slower) when it’s there. Like a second, but it was noticeable. Maybe I should setup 2 accounts so it forces the load differently. For me multiple accounts are just a dealay.
0 Kudos