Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emel_28
Level 7

Netflix App Crashing

Does Anyone know why Netflix is crashing? As soon as I click the apps it opens and then crashes. I have WiFi within my home and since the day I brought the tv it has done this. Even Hulu is crashing. It will allow me to choose a program to watch then when it’s time to play the show it crashes also. Does anyone have any advice? 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Netflix App Crashing

@Emel_28 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ahubley96
Level 7

Netflix app keeps crashing. I tried removing it, restarting my tv and adding the channel back but it’s still crashing. It only improved very slightly but still crashes multiple times before I can even get to the show I want to watch #netflix #channelcrashing #rokutv

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ahubley96

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend removing any unused channels, restarting your device, then seeing if the issue is resolved.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Blanton214
Level 7

I have tried both methods listed and it’s still crashing, it only does it on the TV. Any other devices I have I have no issues with it.

SASTALLI
Level 7

I am having the same problem but not just Netflix. Several channels are doing it. I have never had this problem before. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @SASTALLI,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1.Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2.Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3.Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

You can reach their support team here: Netflix Help Center

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
lwsshaw
Level 7

Crashing for me too looks like a problem with the latest update. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @lwsshaw

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided by @RokuMary-F? In some cases, removing the channel, restarting your device. then re-installing it back in resolves the issue.

If no luck, we recommend reaching out to Netflix support to report the problem and for further help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. If the problem only occurs on Netflix, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can contact them here: https://help.netflix.com/en

Let us know if that works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos
Blanton214
Level 7

I had to reboot my TV.... it’s worked fine since then.

0 Kudos