Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Netflix App Crashing

Jump to solution

Hi @lwsshaw

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided by @RokuMary-F? In some cases, removing the channel, restarting your device. then re-installing it back in resolves the issue.

If no luck, we recommend reaching out to Netflix support to report the problem and for further help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. If the problem only occurs on Netflix, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can contact them here: https://help.netflix.com/en

Let us know if that works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Blanton214
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had to reboot my TV.... it’s worked fine since then.

skindnef
Channel Surfer

Re: Apps won't open

Jump to solution

Just wanted to update anyone who did all the advice & nothing seemed to get channels to load. So I decided to just do a factory reset and it will now load channels.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This is ridiculous. Are you seriously telling us that EVERYONE is having trouble with the Netflix app and the only thing your "experts" can say is "restart this" or "uninstall that"? I have a BRAND NEW TV litterally 3 days out of the box and it's crashing horribly. #rokutv #getittogetherguys # netflixisFedup

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@countryranger83

Thanks for the post.

Have you already tried removing the channel, restarting your TV, then adding the channel back to see if that resolves your issue as mentioned previously in this thread?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cenglish

Jump to solution

I removed it and reinstalled it and it did not fix the problem.  Seems like it's certain files on Netflix that make it crash.  The originals (Jupiter's Legacy and Sweet Tooth) played just fine but carryovers (Schitt's Creek, Community) seem to kill it every time you first open them. 

0 Kudos
dionwill53

Jump to solution

Apps fail to launch 

0 Kudos
lisacwms
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Try unplugging for 30 sec replug. Helped my same issue

Exer142443643
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney Plus not working

Jump to solution

Plays 15 seconds of Disney+ ... goes into the error message about not server time out http blah blah blah.

Uninstalled.  Reinstalled.  Turned off, turned on ... constant never ending headaches.  

Plays 100% of a title 40-50% of the time. 

Really disappointed that I wasted my tax refund on these giant smart TVs that turn out aren't so smart.  

Kids at my house have to watch Disney on their phones because grandpa bought a "cheap tv" ... thanks.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Disney Plus not working

Jump to solution

Hi @Exer142443643

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue and error message only occur on one channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If it's just on Disney+, we recommend reaching out to Disney+ Support to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can contact them here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_index

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos