Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Babythor69
Reel Rookie

Re: Apps won't open

Jump to solution

I ended up just doing an update and then they appeared 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Express keeps going to home screen

Jump to solution

@Sassytobits1978
Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? How is the Roku device being powered? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fragile_Boris
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think some people post a request for help without reading the entire thread where all the answers are!

Fragile_Boris
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for your input.

I'm on software version 10.0.0

Build 4150-50

I did have a problem with Sky News this week but removing the app and reinstalling cured the problem, the manual update mentioned earlier in this thread by me didn't work.

You don't have to be rude to someone that volenteers help! https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Apps-won-t-open/m-p/568103/highlight/true#M38... Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 series)  

0 Kudos
Blanton214
Reel Rookie

Re: Netflix App Crashing

Jump to solution

I have tried both methods listed and it’s still crashing, it only does it on the TV. Any other devices I have I have no issues with it.

SASTALLI

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem but not just Netflix. Several channels are doing it. I have never had this problem before. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SASTALLI,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1.Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2.Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3.Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

You can reach their support team here: Netflix Help Center

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

I have a smart TCL TV with Roku in it. It used to be working perfectly fine for more than a year. Then all of a sudden, my Hulu and Disney Plus stops working. It goes to the channel logo page and get back to home screen after 2 seconds of opening it. My other apps like YouTube, Amazon prime, HBO Max and discovery Plus all works fine. ONLY Hulu and Disney Plus! Now I have cancelled my Disney Plus subscription.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @IJustWantACert1,

Thanks for the post!

Have you performed any troubleshooting steps? In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing them may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku TV before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.

• Note: If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.

2. Restart your Roku device: If it is inconvenient to reach the power cord to unplug your Roku device, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart.

3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if there's any difference after. 

All the best,

Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
lwsshaw

Jump to solution

Crashing for me too looks like a problem with the latest update.