Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

NetFlix app just upgraded on November 6th and now cannot launch Netflix from Roku ultra remote

Since November 6th when a new upgrade to Netflix was pushed down I cannot launch Netflix from my Roku Ultra remote.  It just gives me a message stating, "check your connections and power".  And when this happens I cannot even get out of whatever Netflix purgatory state I am in to watch regular local TV or another streaming app.  The only way to get the menu of apps back with Roku is unplug it and don't dare select Netflix again or will be locked in a "no use" mode again.

As a work around I had to load Netflix from my Blu-ray player and works flawlessly.  So there is apparently a software conflict with the upgraded version of Netflix and Roku (by the way my Roku is up to date with the latest version as well).

Tags (2)
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: NetFlix app just upgraded on November 6th and now cannot launch Netflix from Roku ultra remote

I’m having a similar issue and not finding much detail. Since the upgrade I haven’t been able to launch the Netflix app on my Roku Ultra. It crashes either before or a second after the Netflix logo displays. No issue through all other devices. I’ve deleted and reinstalled. Restarted the Roku. And also just performed a factory reset. None of this has resolved the issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: NetFlix app just upgraded on November 6th and now cannot launch Netflix from Roku ultra remote

I'm also having the identical issue trying to view Netflix on my #RokuUltra. From the Roku Ultra home menu, if I click on the Netflix logo or use the dedicated Netflix button on the Roku Ultra remote, the screen goes black for a second or two, then the Netflix home screen flashes for a brief second, then a message appears that states "No Signal, Check your wired connections or wireless settings". The screen is then locked on that message and I'm unable to return to the Roku Ultra home menu or do anything else. The only thing that works is to unplug the Roku Ultra for a few minutes and restart the Roku Ultra home menu. All is fine as long as I don't try to open or use the Netflix app. Netflix works just fine on the LG OLED Smart TV app and on my other devices. I have updated both the Roku Ultra and the Netflix app, rebooted the Roku Ultra, all cables and connections are good. All other channels work just fine on the Roku Ultra.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just an FYI. I contacted Netflix and they are aware of the issue affecting the Roku Ultra devices and are working on it. They had me change my display settings on the Roku Ultra to 1080p from my "auto detect for HDR setting. All works good for now other than not being able to view Netflix in HDR.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just an FYI. I contacted Netflix and they are aware of the issue affecting the Roku Ultra devices and are working on it. They had me change my display settings on the Roku Ultra to 1080p from my "auto detect for HDR setting. All works good for now other than not being able to view Netflix in HDR.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Having the same problem and it was driving me nuts, changing configurations on the TV, home theater and Roku, thinking it was something misconfigured. I am glad I found this post, although it is disapointing to realize that over two weeks already passed and Roku still has not fixed the issue or even bothered to communicate to the users. Even worse if taking into consideration that the Ultra is Roku's top and most expensive model.

To make things more annoying, I few days ago they emailed me to let me know that starting Dec 1st, my old Roku 2 (which still works fine with Netflix), would no longer be able to run it...

In a nutshell, I will have two Roku, one old and one new, and no Netflix. Great job, Roku team!

0 Kudos